31. Frigga's Last Day

2 0 1 3

Rocket, Thor and Aurora land in the prisons of Asgard, and the auburn-haired looks around. Old memories are brought back to her, memories of Loki and her bonding in the cell. She would've never expected to ever be here again and a smile arises on her lips. "Isn't it cool? Time travel is so awesome!"

"Yeah, yeah, let's go, let's go." Rocket urges and Thor shows him the direction, Aurora simply following. As soon as they turn around the corner, she immediately recognizes the path. It's the way to her and Loki's cell and the voice of her younger version echoes through the dungeons from a distance already.

"You are unbelievable, Loki!!" Her 2013 version yells in frustration and Aurora remembers that it was about him ignoring her boredom. Oh, how little their problems used to be. "You know what?? I'll go to the bathroom now, you stubborn moron!"

"Do as you please." Loki shrugs carelessly, which makes her groan. Rocket, Thor and Aurora wait behind the corner while her other version calls a guard to open the cell and let her use the bathroom. After they're gone, Loki just keeps throwing and catching his cup, lying comfortably in his bed.

"This is our chance, let's go." Rocket commands but Thor and Aurora stop in front of the cell when they finally see Loki after all these years. Her heart sinks in and a longing is in her eyes. "C'mon, move your asses."

"I just realized how much I've missed my brother..." Thor mumbles with heavy emotions in his eyes, swallowing. He has almost forgot how Loki looks like as he's been drowning his pain in alcohol. "You're right, rabbit. We have to go. Come, Aurora."

"I can't." She presses her lips together, shaking her head. "Just give me a moment, I'll catch up with you guys."

"'Rora– " Rocket begins but Aurora glances at him with tears gathered in her eyes.

"Five minutes." She insists and the two nod in agreement, leaving her alone. Aurora knows that she's not supposed to change too much but the desire to hear Loki's voice again is too big and they're changing this alternative timeline anyway. Stepping out of the shadows, she is standing close to the force field now and waits out a beat until Loki stops throwing the cup, putting it aside. He senses another presence.

Turning around, Loki finds Aurora there but she looks different to his Aurora. Her hair is longer and her clothes are different, there's a tiredness edging her face. With narrowed eyes, he stands up to walk to the cell wall.

"Hey." Aurora whispers, holding back her tears and an incredibly happy smile graces her lips. He's really here, standing right in front of her and he looks well, not dead.

"You're not Aurora." He realizes, pausing. The way she openly shows her feelings confirms that it is indeed Aurora, not some awful trick. "At least not the one that I know."

"Yeah, I'm not the one you know." She's trying to stop shaking, but she's just so happy right now to see him and to hear his wonderful voice. "But how do you know? Did the hair give it away? Maybe I should've cut it off sooner."

"My mother is a witch. Of course, I'm capable of unfolding every trick, even if it's not meant to be one." He still seems to be slightly tense. "Who are you then?"

"I'm Aurora from the future. Ten years in the future. I know it sounds crazy, but I'm telling the truth."

"I can tell you do. You're a horrible liar." Loki tilts his head and a chuckle slips through Aurora's lips. Though, the fact that she's here after ten years can only mean that they're still together in one way or another, and that relieves him. "What are your intentions here then?"