28. Back to the Past

Aurora and Rocket work together on the gigantic time machine in the hangar, the auburn-haired humming to the music that echoes through the hall. It increases the productivity and she is looking forward to try out an actual time machine. While Aurora polishes the modification panel, Rocket tinkers beneath the platform and removes his goggles, stretching out his hand. "'Rora, can you hand me the screwdriver?"

"Catch!" She passes him the tool with a bright smile, blowing a strand of her hair out of her face. The messy bun unfortunately doesn't capture everything of her hair and it begins to annoy her. Aurora walks to the platform and works on the modeling there, testing the mechanism. "Maybe I should cut my hair as soon as Peter and Loki and the others are back. It really starts to bother me."

"Oh, I don't think you're the only one who should do that." Rocket comments and refers to Thor who walks in with sunglasses and a beer can in his hand. Jumping off the platform, the auburn-haired goes to Thor and gives him a brief good morning hug. She wants to make sure he receives enough affection.

"Isn't it too early for beer?" Aurora carefully greets him and he shrugs.

"It's late afternoon in New Asgard, so I'm good." He pats her shoulder and Tony shows up behind them, dragging a bunch of equipment behind him.

"Drifting left. On the side there, Lebowski." The billionaire warns them and they step aside. "Ratchet, how is it going?"

"It's Rocket." The raccoon corrects him and he glances at him. "Take it easy. You're only a genius on Earth, pal."

"Yup." Thor blurbs in agreement and Tony lifts his brow, keeping it together.

"Hey, Tony! I forgot to let you know that I finished all the upgrades this morning, so everything's prepared. The quantum realm suits are done, too, Scott is trying it on right now." Aurora informs him and he half smiles.

"Well done, you were fast. Did you choose the music?"

"Yeah, The Rolling Stones are awesome." She lifts her thumb as she starts to walk away, leaving the time machine to the boys. "I'll check out how it's going, so have fun with the time machine, boys!"

Heading to the lab, the auburn-haired Guardian enters the room to find Bruce, Nebula, Rhodey and Scott in there. The suit fits to Scott, it's in his perfect size and Aurora smiles contently. "How is it going?"

"So far, so good. The suits are great, by the way." Scott answers through his helmet and Bruce is about to place the cannula of Pym particles in the suit. Being rather alarmed about his big hands, Scott immediately stops him. "Hey, hey, hey. Easy, easy!"

"I'm being very carefully." Bruce states matter-of-factly.

"No, you're being very Hulky."

Now he sounds offended. "I'm being careful."

"These are Pym particles, alright? And ever since Hank Pym got snapped out of existence, this is it. This is what we have. We're not making any more." Panic invades Scott's voice and Rhodey lifts his hands, trying to decrease his anxiety.

"Scott, calm down."

"Sorry. We've got enough for one round trip, each. That's it. No do-overs. Plus, two test runs." Scott sighs and places the particles in his suit, accidentally letting it slip through his fingers. "No!!!" He shrinks and returns instantly, repressing another sigh. "One test run. Alright, I'm not ready for this."

"I am." Eve's voice catches their attention and everyone turns around. With folded arms under her chest, she shrugs. "I've got nothing to do anyway. Let me do it."

Nobody protests and Aurora helps her to get her time travel suit. After changing quickly and also offering Scott a water bottle and a cookie to calm down, Aurora and Eve head back to the lab where the soldier takes over Scott's position. Nebula starts to work on the modifications while Bruce warns her about the possible consequences of time travel. "Eve, now you're gonna feel a little discombobulated from the chronoshift. Don't worry about it."