3.

Reign

"We just started and we got a test in AP Math this coming up Friday". I stated sighing.

"Wait we do? Shit I never pay attention help me study Re".

"Ne I'm just as slow as yo' ass. The only thing you can do is study my notes I'm not no damn study helper".

"Keep your notes bitch. I'll just get Crystal to help me".

"She smart as hell take that chance and take it seriously Ne".

"Okay shit. Besides my parents would tag my ass if my grades aren't good".

The bell rung meaning that lunch was over this was our last period of the day which was gym. I was sort of hurting from last night so I was debating whether I was gonna participate in any activity.

"Let's just head for the bleachers I still have a banging headache". I nodded.

Munching on some Doritos we watched as boys played basketball and some girls toss the volleyball around. I spotted Mike walk in chewing on starbursts.

"Aye' mike". I called out. He walked towards me.

"Wassup Re?".

"Pop the bursts off they're my favorite".

"Damn I'm a food call I see how it is now Re". I laughed.

"Boy hush. Where you headed to?".

"To the lockers to change then come back and ball before we get out of here". I nodded.

"Y'all got out of the club safely right?".

"Thankfully yes. My ass was forest gump out there". Ne says making us ball out laughing.

"Catch y'all later Re". I smiled waving at him as he steps off the bleachers.

Talking to Ne until the bell rung we headed to my house after to get some homework done with each other.

Crystal

 Walking towards my apartment complexes I immediately spot my dad getting drugs from some dealer

Walking towards my apartment complexes I immediately spot my dad getting drugs from some dealer. He's most likely getting heroine or crack or some shit I quite frankly don't care. It's embarrassing being the daughter of an drug addict a one that's crazy as hell at that.

"Crystal I'm sorry". He says.

"It's fine dad".

"I promise I'll get cleaned. I'll get you everything you ever wanted". I knew he was lying I hear this same shit all the time and I'm tired of it.

"Right dad".

"I'm serious babygirl I'll make sure I'll be cleaned up before your mom finally come back home to us".

"She isn't coming back! Stop saying that you and I both know she isn't coming home!". I say fed up. Receiving a slap to my face almost knocking me over I looked amused.

"How dare you Crystal! I never seen such an ungrateful brat".

"Ungrateful? Funny how you say that because you've never got or done anything for me! All you do is worry about getting drugs in your system!".

I guess that drove him to the edge he swiftly grabbed ahold of my hair and started letting me have it.

"Go to your room!". I got up limping to my room when I got there I slammed the door and locked it so he wouldn't come back for another round of letting me have it. My phone started ringing it was Camile she hired me as her babysitter to babysit her little girl Cammy on nights she have to work late or days when something pop up.

"Crystal?".

"Yes? I'm here". I spoke trying to sound like I was okay.

"I have to go into work a little bit early. Can you watch Cammy?".

"I sure can". I smiled as if she can see me.

"Okay. Need me to come get you or?".

"I can catch the bus".

"Are you sure? It's no problem with coming get you".

"Yes I'm sure. I'll be there in a few". I ended the call.

Putting some makeup to cover the simple bruises my mind started to wonder. I wondered why my mother walked out on us but I have a guess it was my father he always have been a drugie. I practically raised myself since I was about 7 yrs old you can say after my mom left my dad just gave up. I'm 16 now babysitting for 30 dollars an hour I watch Cammy who's 5 sometimes for 8 hours but mostly 6. I don't know where Camile worked I never asked and she never told me so who knows it's a damn good job cause sis providing me that bank.

I always thought that hoe stripped but she don't because sometimes on the weekends in the mornings I watch Cammy. My dad knows I babysit but at times he tend to forget and thinks I'm out here on the pole myself. Once that time come for graduation I might just do that to make bands for my college tuition I know he isn't gonna pay for it if I don't get a scholarship. My dad really does nothing for me I keep up with myself I make sure I have clothes on my back and food to eat. All he does is make sure the bills get paid and worry about himself.

I make sure I stay fresh with this money l'm getting from babysitting I don't ever want to let others see me looking bummy because of my father. I just won't set myself up that way. I've dreamt of having a perfect household unfortunately I don't. Everyone sees me as a smart, happy girl but in reality I'm going through it trying to hide it as much as I can.

I snapped out of my thoughts leaving out my room I seen my dad passed out on the sofa just fucking ridiculous.

I have so much hatred for that man.