Chapter 14

- there are no happy endings. endings are the saddest part. so just give me a happy middle and a very happy start.

I had escaped the Tower. Well, I just left without anyone knowing. I'm not sure if it's called escaping if I'm not even sure if they were still keeping me there. I know that when I first arrived I wasn't allowed out, but now I assume that I'm alright.

Standing on a hill in the park, watching the sun come up was a very relaxing pastime of mine. I loved the way the sun touched my once it got over the trees and the way it warmed everything including myself.

I have tried to watch every single sunrise ever since I spent years in hiding in Alaska. Beautiful warmth and sun was rare there, so whenever it came, I would let it fill me and it would get all of my attention for the day. Everything I did, was in the sun until there was no more sun. 

Now, watching the sunrise was just a habit. And a reminder that all those days I spent in the darkness, can be cured with a little light. It can go for who I am. Over the time I was on this earth, I had killed hundreds of people, some while I was just doing my job as an assassin, and others were out of cold blood. Hatred and anger. Those two things defined me after the one I had left heaven for died.

I stood as the sun rose over the trees, and I closed my eyes, smiling and breathing in through my nose deeply as if to take in as much good as the sun can give.

Thoughts clouded my mind, and I couldn't get any of them out. Thoughts about my past years, thoughts about the current years. Thoughts about the Avengers; Wanda, Steve, and young Peter. And Natasha. I couldn't forget her. Ever since she gave me the kiss outside of her room, I couldn't stop thinking of her. I was completely hooked.

Speaking of the Avengers, my phone specific to the Avengers began to ring. I looked at the Caller ID, and it was Bucky. I wasn't entirely surprised to see he was calling me. Although I was nearly a hundred and fifty years older than him, he still looked at me and treated me like a younger sibling, very similar to Steve's intentions. But I do think Steve treats me more like his daughter than a younger sibling.

"Bucky," I answered the phone.

"Katya." Bucky's low voice was nice to hear. Whenever he spoke, it was very soothing, much like Steve. "Where are you?"

"In the park, watching the sunrise." I dug my heel into the grass.

Bucky didn't scoff, as most others would. As Clint probably would, or maybe Bruce. Instead, he hummed. "And when do you plan on returning?"

"I'm planning on leaving in a minute or two, but I can start heading back now, why? What's going on that needs me there?"

"Well...there may be a slight problem here. It's not your problem, it's more of a Tony Stark problem. But no one here knows what to do with it, and Clint is gone visiting his wife for the week." The words coming out of Bucky's mouth were pretty confusing if I do say so. What could be a Tony Stark problem, and still have to worry me? Why did it concern me at all, and why did the others think I could somehow fix it?

I sighed. "Alright. I'll be there in five minutes."

"Please hurry."

"Goodbye, Bucky." I hung up and started jogging towards the Avengers Tower. Whatever it is, it better be good. Took me away from my morning meditative sunrise.

Once I returned to the tower, I stepped into the elevator and rose up to the big room. I wondered what was so terrible that they needed my help, an immortal to deal with this. Couldn't they get Thor to do it? He was a god, and I was just a fallen angel that was already half human.