Chapter 24

- i'd pick your thunder, i'd pick your rain; over anyone's sunshine any day. 

There was only one way to contact the other fallen angels. It was an ancient way, and I wasn't fond of it, but I was desperate. It was a sort of emergency line.

So at midnight, I created a bonfire. Once the bonfire was at its peak, I took the ancient blade I had fallen with and sliced open my palm. I held my hand over the flames, letting the blood drip into the flames.

With each drop of blood, I whispered fallen angel names. "Lucia, Amar, Nikki." The names flowed easily, and I felt a dark presence inside me. "Sacha, Nadeem." The final two names were spoken, and I squeezed my hand so a larger flow of blood flowed from my fingertips onto the fire. The flame grew, and inside was a blue light. "If you are seeing this, it means I have called you for help. Our world is in danger. A man named Victor Von Doom is set to destroy life here as we know it. I have seen his thoughts, and he has a massive weapon ready to fire in two days."

I sighed, not knowing if this would be enough to persuade the fallen angels to help me. They find humans a drag, and would probably like to have the earth to themselves.

"I have never asked for help before. Please help me save the woman I love, and the world I have grown attached to." I dropped a paper with my Bosnian address into the flames. "You now know where to find me. Come on this following day." I removed my hand from the flames, breaking the connection. I hope they take it seriously and come to help me.  I need help.

I didn't sleep the rest of the night. I just sat out on the porch, underneath the grape vines. I gazed out at the sparkling moonlit water, wondering what Natasha was doing right now. In my mind, I imagine her getting angry and short-fused with everyone and the team being quite confused on why she is acting this way. They didn't know what I meant to her, and so they'll never understand what she's feeling. Perhaps Bucky will, but there are no guarantees he even knows how to comfort Natasha.

Even in her anger, I can see her beauty. She is like a queen riding off to battle. Angry, yet determined. It looks wonderful on her, although I'd much rather see her happy.

At sunrise, I twirled my ancient knife while dipping my feet in the refreshing water. The nights were warm here, and the days even warmer yet the water was always a nice refreshing touch.

"Yoo-hoo! Katya, show yourself!" A wonderfully familiar voice broke out and caught my attention. I spun in the direction of my large home and found a petite woman with silky brown hair grinning at me. "Darling!" She hurried to me, and I let a smile rise to my lips as she embraced me. "Hello gorgeous, how have you been?"

"Not bad, Lucia. But I could be better." I gave a tired smile, and she nodded, understanding me. I hummed, taking in her appearance. "I see you have finally taken on our look." I grinned at the woman. 

"Our look" was basically to dress like a punk. Lucia was wearing a dark rock band t-shirt, and torn jeans. She also sported combat boots. Almost every single fallen angel dressed this way. It seemed to be in our nature.

"These boots are not for this weather, darling." She looked down at the combat boots with a frown. "But I do like how this getup looks on me, wouldn't you agree?" She asked.

"It definitely matches with your abilities." I grinned at her. Lucia was a corruption manipulator. She could manipulate anyone with corruption in their hearts.

"Not everyone can be as wonderful as you are, you devil." I laughed at her compliment, and she continued to speak. "But please tell me, when can I meet the woman you love? Isn't that why we're doing this?"

"This is more about saving some heroes, but yes, I want to keep her safe as well."

"She's not here, is she?" Lucia looked around for a moment until I shook my head no. "Pooh." She frowned. "But promise me after this little debacle is over, I can meet her?"

"Of course." I nodded respectfully.

"Does the invitation go to us as well?" A throaty voice made me smile.

Amar and Nadeem came walking gracefully down the steps to the porch. I shook their hands with a large smile on my face. Amar, the more muscular of the two grinned, restating his question.

"Well, of course, my friends." 

"Then we better get invited to the wedding as well." Nadeem, the shorter one gave a teasing look.

"That is if she wants to even see me again after this." I glanced at the ground but remained stoic.

Nadeem shoved me. "Shut it, Katya. Any mortal will jump to the opportunity of marrying one of us."

"She's not like most mortals, Nadeem. She is superhuman." The group raised their eyes at my words, curious. "She and the rest of my superhuman group will die if we don't do something about Doctor Doom."

Amar leaned against the railing, staring out at the water. He was obviously deep in thought. "It shouldn't be too difficult. After all, that Von Doom fellow is human, is he not?"

"Well, I'll only assume he is. He wanted my blood to make himself immortal." I made eye contact with the tall, brooding man. His tank top revealed a thick, black trident tattoo on his upper arm and blue waves underneath it. I can only guess that it signified his ability to use the dark arts, and make wings out of the elements.

"Perfect." Nadeem grinned. "Katya, you can use your little mind tricks on him while Lucia uses her corruption against him. Amar and I will attack him with Amar's dark arts and I'll use my demon sword."

Nadeem had said my plan, but he said it in a much simpler way. We all looked at each other, not knowing what we would do next.

"Do you have a backup plan?" Nadeem asked. I shook my head no. "Then this better work. When do we leave?"

"Tomorrow. Doom said he would attack the next day, so we arrive at his current base at midnight tonight, technically tomorrow. We attack, looking only for him. We tear him limb from metallic limb, and be finished with it all." I brushed my hands and opened them, signifying that it would be simple, although I don't know if I believed myself.

"This is a noble deed. And these superhumans are worth it?" Amar raised an eyebrow at me.

I nodded quickly. "Each one of them. They are all worth the sacrifice, but I am not asking you to go and die for me. I'm just asking you to fight with me."

"We can't die, darling." Lucia grinned. "We're part of the fallen, aren't we?"