Chapter 42

- i needed you more than i thought.

I asked Peter Parker and Sam Alexander for the comics. I didn't want to ask for too many issues from Peter, so I asked Sam for half and Peter half as well. Needless to say, they both were confused on why a grown woman who was centuries old wanted comic books.

Peter dropped his off earlier in the day and I spent the entire morning holed up in my room reading them. I only walked away from my room when Natasha called me, saying that Sam was at the door.

"I don't know why you wanted these." Sam handed me a bag. "But I put a few extra things in there." He snickered.

"Can it, Alexander," I called him by his last name. "I'm just curious about how the world sees me."

He grinned, stuffing his now empty hands in his pockets. "I got you exactly what you need to see. Have fun reading." He waved, walking away.

"I'll see you around, Alexander." I closed the door.

"More?" Natasha asked, referring to the bag in my hands. "I think you're developing an obsession, Katya." She teased.

I held the bag protectively to my chest, giving her a look. "It is not an obsession, Natasha. It's merely a curiosity that needs to be quenched."

"Interesting way to put obsession." She continued to tease me and I rolled my eyes. "What's in there, anyway? Can I read some of those?" Her fingers brushed against the plastic bag before I pulled it out of her reach.

"Not yet! I want to be the first to read it." I whined and Natasha let it go. I pecked her cheek, emitting a smile from her and I dashed to our room to start reading whatever Sam Alexander had brought in the bag.

I counted four items when I spilled the contents of the bag onto my bed. Two were Avengers comics, highlighting the main battles I was in. One was an Angel comic book all about me or whatever background they decided I came from, and finally, my eyes widened as I stared at the last book. It was a comic book but a particularly sinful one by the looks of it. On the cover was a woman who looked like be except surrounded by a brilliant white light, and the woman was holding who appeared to be Natasha in a very close embrace.

So this is what Sam Alexander was hinting at when he spoke of the contents of the bag. I knew something about this was off, but I didn't think he would get some sort of smut comic about myself and my girlfriend.

I shook my head, telling myself I'd look at it later once I've finished the normal comics. It didn't take long since I was a fast reader. I carefully picked up the comic book in my hands and turned to the first page. It was quite uncomfortable to read, but whoever created this was such a good artist I couldn't put it down.

"What's that?" Natasha asked. I didn't even hear her come into the room. My face flushed and I dropped the comic book, hiding it underneath the bag. She gave me a funny look and lifted the bag. Once she saw the cover, she began to laugh. "You've been reading this?" She lifted it up, facing it towards me.

I didn't know what to say. "Sam got it." I blamed the kid, but it was true. He was the one to get it for me. "I didn't know it was in there, I just finished reading it."

She smirked, sitting on my lap and opening to the first page. "Sexy." She snickered at the cartoon versions of ourselves. "So this is how they all picture our life to be?" I nodded. "Sounds exciting."

"Hey," I poked her. "Is it not exciting enough right now?" I raised an eyebrow at her.

She gave an innocent shrug, pulling herself closer to me. "Oh," She set the comic book down and turned on my lap so her legs were on either side of me, and I was beginning to lean back on the bed. "I could think of a few more ways things could get exciting." She lowered her lips to mine and slowly began to rock her hips back and forth, creating friction.

I hummed, beginning to feel aroused. "I like where this is going."

-

Natasha and I didn't move for the next hour or so but instead, we read all the comics together. She thought the sinful one about us was funny, and wouldn't let me throw it away. I made a silent vow to destroy Sam Alexander for doing that, and he couldn't know that it sort of got me laid. It was my secret now.

"What are we going to do?" Natasha whispered into my neck.

I perked up, wondering what she was talking about. "What do you mean, Tasha?" My voice was light.

"I love you, you know that right?" I didn't like the way this conversation was going. "What we're doing is so dangerous, Katya. People like us don't have the chance to have something we do. It's not safe to have something we do."

I shook my head. "You're wrong, my love. I will admit that people like us don't have the chance. But the safety part I have to disagree with." I tightened my embrace around her. "We are very safe, here, together. We are an unstoppable team; a force to be reckoned with. There is no safer place, than together."

She paused for a moment. "Maybe you're right."

"Of course I'm right." I smiled. But on the inside, I was worried. Natasha was human and humans were fragile. Anything could kill her, but I wouldn't let that happen.