Chapter 46

- i look at you and see the rest of my life in front of my eyes.

We got the call while we were on our honeymoon. Natasha and I were in Australia, one of the final destinations on our world tour when Tony called.

"What's up, Iron Man?" I asked, putting Tony on speakerphone. "How's life in freezing New York?"

"You know I wouldn't call you unless something had come up," Tony was serious and I immediately lost my joking tone. Natasha placed her hands on my shoulders as she stood behind where I sat, we stared at the phone although it was only a voice call. "We need your help. We need the Archangel."

I frowned. "What happened?" I asked in a low and serious voice.

"There is testing going on, back in the motherland." My phone buzzed. "I just sent you a link about when your flight leaves."

"We're on our honeymoon, Tony." I reminded him.

"As I said before, we wouldn't call you if we had no other choice."

Natasha was worried already, but she was also ready to face whatever danger Tony was referring to. "What's the situation, Stark?" She was already in business mode. Of course, we would have to leave our honeymoon to go save the world. Why am I not surprised that this happened to us? I should have expected something to come up.

"Super-kids." Tony's first word confused me, but then he elaborated. "These kids have crazy abilities. We just rescued them from Siberia, but as it turns out, not all of them are from around there. There are some from Kosovo, Syria, and Peru. I'm telling you that they're from everywhere."

My frown deepened. "So why do you need me, Tony?"

"We don't know what the hell they're saying. We've tried to translate the things they say, but nothing we own picks up on their language. It's like a mix of multiple languages. The devices pick up few individual words, but nothing more." Tony sounded annoyed out of his mind. "We need you to come in and talk to them, so we can get information."

"You want me to interrogate children." It should've been a question, but I knew the answer so I didn't pose it as one.

"We just need you to talk to them," Tony said something to someone else on the other end. "Don't miss your flight. I'll see you in twenty-two hours." Then, he hung up.

"Asshole." I glared at the phone and put it in my pocket. Natasha was already packing her things and my things, and so I went to help her. "I'm sorry, Tasha. This was supposed to be really nice for the two of us, now a married couple."

Natasha waved it off. "We're a team and when the world needs help we need to come when called. It's okay." She turned to lightly kiss me. "I'm just glad I was able to spend time with you. I was wondering how long they'd last without us."

"Looks like they lasted only a few weeks." I was unhappy about the honeymoon being cut short, but, duty calls.

-

Twenty-two hours later, we arrived at the Tower in New York. Natasha and I were both exhausted and I told Natasha to just go to her room in the tower and sleep. I'll see the children and once I was done talking to them I'd come back to her room.

"You're here." Tony looked pleased, checking his watch. "Fifteen minutes later than expected, but here nonetheless." I yawned and asked where the children were. "We have them in the cells over here. They're too dangerous to be left on their own or in a normal room."

I frowned, following Tony. What kind of superhumans were these? "What kind of super-kids are we dealing with?" I asked.

"Geniuses, sharpshooters, enhanced senses, flyers, runners, and crazy amounts of strength." Tony shook his head as if he hardly believed it himself.