Chapter 40

- i just want to feel your breath against my neck and know you are mine.

The next morning I woke up with a headache. It was as if someone was weighing down my brain and tapping it with a mallet. Pretty painful, right? Right. Although the pain was intense, I noticed two pills and some water on top of the bedside table. The pills rested on top of a note. I downed the pills and water, slowly sitting up and picking up the note.

I'll be back soon, breakfast is in the kitchen. Went to get groceries & took your keys, I hope you don't mind :)
-Natasha

I smiled and put the note in my drawer and checked if the ring was there and hadn't been moved. It was exactly how I left it, thankfully. So Natasha didn't look for it or go through my things.

Making my way into the kitchen, I checked the keys. Both of the bikes were still here, and so was my Porsche Cayman. I thought she took my Audi A7, but instead, the keys that were missing were the Lexus LS's.

The next thing I did, I grabbed some breakfast. Natasha had made pancakes which were still a little warm, meaning she left only fifteen to twenty minutes ago. I put some for myself and drowned them in syrup and cream. I sighed through the bites I took, my girlfriend is probably the best cook in the universe.

Thankful for the ability I had to heal, my hangover faded while I ate food. I cleaned the dishes and opened all the windows. It was just a habit I had. I liked the feeling of air flow, but not artificial flow from the AC or heater.

I hooked my phone up to the Bluetooth speakers hung around my house and moved through my Spotify playlists. I wasn't able to decide on a song, so I pressed shuffle and hoped for the best. I was rewarded by Miss Independent by Ne-Yo.

When the chorus came around, I sang it, moving around the room in some dance moves I had invented at that moment. They weren't bad, but they weren't very good.

With the music playing, I did the weekly cleaning around the house. Vacuuming the rugs, and mopping the kitchen floor. I was pretty proficient at it so it went by quite quickly. I dusted the place and once I was pleased with my work, I sat down on the couch and propped my feet up on the coffee table.

Another song played, and Natasha walked inside with bags in her arms. "Wow," She looked around. "The place looks great."

"Thank you, my love." I helped her with the bags and put the food in the places it needed to be. More songs played, and suddenly one made me stop.

I looked at her with a sly smile. "No." She shook her head.

"I didn't even ask yet!" I grinned.

"I know what you're going to ask." She crossed her arms. "I'm not doing it."

"Too bad." My grin widened, and I moved towards her. "How good can you dance the merengue?" I asked.

"I guess you'll have to find out." She shrugged and I gave a triumphant look, restarting the song. Suavemente by Elvis Crespo played through my speakers and we began to dance.

To my surprise, she moved swiftly as if she knew the dance. "You're better than I imagined." I commented, "Have you done this before?"

"I was a ballerina, I can move to just about anything." She paused before adding, "And yes, I have done this before." I laughed, admiring the way she moved. "I see you've done this before too." She paid attention to our feet for a moment.

I nodded, telling her, "I know just about every dance in the world. I have had a lot of time to practice them." I smirked, spinning her once. "You make this dance sexier than it is."

Natasha rolled her eyes as if she was downplaying my comment. But the way she moved, you could tell she knew what she was doing and she knew the effect it had on me.

"What other dances do you know?" I asked, with a gleam in my eyes.

"I'll show you a few some other times." She winked. "On a less sexual note, why don't you teach me a dance?" She asked with innocence in her eyes.

I paused the music, thinking for a moment. "So you say you choose to stay with me?" I asked, and she nodded as if it was obvious. "Well, there's a waltz I know. It's easy and quite fun. It's from the Croatian region, but I have a home in Bosnia, right next to Croatia. Bosnians use this waltz too. Would you like to learn it?" She nodded and I spent an hour teaching it to her. When she got it down, we waltzed the Croatian/Bosnian way, more Latin dances, and then we paused for a break.

"That was fun." She smiled.

"I have one more dance," I told her and she perked up. "I will be very disappointed if you don't know how to do this waltz."

I started the music, and Natasha chuckled. "The Russian waltz by Shostakovich? The one they use for weddings?" I nodded and offered my hand. "You're so dorky." She teased and still took my hand.

We waltzed and I couldn't help but wonder if this what it would be like if we got married. When we got married, actually. There is no "if" when it comes to Natasha. There has never been, there never will be. Then, my mind drifted to an idea. What if I proposed right now? It would be the best timing, I think. But maybe she would think it's too much, knowing that Tony had gotten married only yesterday. Perhaps she would think I was still too excited from witnessing it all.

The waltz ended, my chance was gone. I wasn't sure if I could take that chance. My reasoning was pretty solid and I'm glad I didn't go with impulse. There were many chances to go with impulse later. I would just have to hope impulse doesn't strike in the worst situation. But while proposing, is there a bad time to ever propose? I didn't think so. I didn't think it would be possible to find a bad time to propose.