Chapter 16

- what hurts is how many have seen the cut-raw, deep pieces of me and looked away.

Today was the day Tony finally returned. It was only two days since baby Andrea was delivered to us, but you could have considered it a lifetime. Andrea was placed in the care of Sam, Steve, Bucky, and Wanda, as it seemed they were the ones who knew how to remotely take care of a child.

They tried getting me in on the baby duty, because they just assumed with the hundreds of years I had been living, that I was suddenly wonderful with children. Truth is, I had only held two different babies in my time on earth.

I was in Natasha's room most of the day. It wasn't safe to leave without being asked to take care of the baby, and Natasha had learned it the hard way. She went to sneak some lunch but ended up having to take care of Andrea for a solid three hours. Now she was holed up in her room, pouting because I could just make the team believe that I wasn't even there.

"That's a neat little trick you do, but it's not exactly fair." Natasha flipped a page in her book.

"You're just upset because you got stuck on baby duty for a few hours, and I can get away with not doing it." I grinned at the redhead, who nodded.

"That's exactly true." She continued to pout.

"She's cute though." I laid on my stomach on Natasha's bed. She nodded. "I'd want to have a child like that one day."

Natasha perked up. "You can have children?"

"Yes." I nodded. "They may carry some of my powers, or none at all if they're lucky. Why? Do you want to have kids?" Natasha nodded and chewed the inside of her cheek. "But you can't...can you?" My voice was quiet. She shook her head no, and I felt sorry for her. I crawled over and hugged her, and she hugged back. "I'm sorry," I whispered and kissed her forehead.

Natasha adjusted herself so I was wrapped around her. "It's alright. I've gotten over it, mostly. I want kids, but maybe later in life."

I carefully pushed her chin towards me, so her face was inches from mine. Then, I dipped my face down and pressed my lips softly to hers. Our lips moved in sync, and she turned her whole body so she can move onto my lap. She slowly fit her tongue to explore my mouth, and my hands went up into her hair. My lower lip went between her teeth, and she gently tugged, emitting a low groan from me. A few more seconds of intense kissing, then she pushed away, clearing her throat and walking towards her door.

"Kuda ty idesh?" I asked, too lazy to ask where she was going in English.

She raised an eyebrow at me. "You didn't hear someone knock on the door?"

I shook my head no, and she opened the door, revealing Bucky. He smirked at me, stepping inside. "Am I interrupting anything?" He asked, a sly look on his face. 

I rolled my eyes, and Natasha narrowed hers at him. "What's there to interrupt? Katya and I were just discussing what would happen with Tony's baby." Her lie was smooth.

"I didn't hear any voices when I was outside." Bucky really wanted one of us to admit that we were at least seeing each other, if not dating already.

"We heard footsteps." Natasha countered.

"I've been standing there for a while."

"Creepy, much?" I grumbled, "Why were you standing there for so long?"

"How much did you hear?" Natasha walked to him cautiously, almost looking as if she was in her "assassin mode."

"Enough. The loudest noise was what I assume to be that book dropping to the ground." He pointed to the book that was flipped over on the floor. "The next noise was what sounded like a moan, which I assume came from you." His eyes met mine, and I frowned, and felt Natasha glare at me, as if saying, "you just couldn't keep quiet, could you."