Chapter 41

- be with me and only me. choose me always because i'll always choose you.

I crawled underneath the large blanket and through the pillows that acted like pillars. I had created a pillow fort and in my opinion, it was truly magnificent. One of the best I have ever created. It was large enough for no more than four adults, which was perfect since there were only two in this home.

I was camped inside the fort when I heard Natasha's voice. "Katya where--" And then I assumed she saw it because the next words were these: "Get out of there! We have dinner with Steve and Bucky in less than an hour! What do you think you're doing?" I saw her silhouette from outside the blankets. 

"Forget the dinner!" I shouted. "Come here and be the queen of this fort, we will have popcorn for dinner."

"I'm serious, Katya. Get out of there." I could hear the seriousness in her voice.

"We can rule the galaxy together, my love!"

She sighed. "What have you been watching on TV lately?" She asked, starting to deconstruct my fort.

I began to pout, crossing my arms like a child. "Star Wars," I grumbled. "The Clone Wars cartoon episodes."

She laughed one she saw my pouting figure. "You really are a child." She offered me a hand, which I reluctantly took. "Go get dressed and dress casually. We're not going someplace fancy, just a regular diner."

I groaned but still got ready. Dressed in light jeans and a royal blue shirt, I walked into the kitchen. Natasha was standing with her back faced toward me. I whistled when I caught sight of her, she was wearing tight dark jeans and a leather jacket with a white shirt underneath.

Once she heard my whistle, she rolled her eyes. "We better get going if we want to make it on time."

"What are we going to drive?" I asked. 

"You choose." Natasha grabbed her phone off the charger plugged into the wall. "I'm up for anything."

I grinned and picked up keys to my bike. "Ready?" She looked at the keys and back at me. Nodding, we both went out to my bike and I got on the front, Natasha hopped on the back, putting one arm around my waist.

I pulled out of the garage at an insane speed, and Natasha smacked the back of my head. "I'm a human! You're going to get me killed!" I only laughed, knowing that I had complete control over the bike and would never let anything happen to Natasha.

Parking the bike, I checked my watch. "Ten minutes. I could've done better." I shrugged off the bike, offering my hand to Natasha.

"You could have killed me." She glared, but it was half-hearted.

I kissed her cheek and took her hand, leading her inside. It was a regular looking diner as if it were pulled from the late 1960's. I loved those years. They also had some aged music, starting with Summer of '69 by Bryan Adams.

Bucky and Steve were seated on one side of the booth and when they saw us, Steve raised a hand to get our attention. Smiles were shared as Natasha took a seat on the other side of the booth.

Around us, people were starting to notice that four Avengers were having dinner at the same regular diner they were at.

"My favorite couple," Steve gave us a warm smile. "Thanks for taking my invitation."

"My favorite couple," Natasha returned the smile. "Thanks for inviting us. We almost didn't make it, thanks to Galactic Ruler here." She nodded in my direction and I tried to look offended.