Chapter 50

- love, above all things, is unique.

Natasha and I had finished packing for the trip to Bosnia in the morning. We stood around in our room, exhausted and ready to begin relaxing.

"Katya," Natasha whispered, getting my attention. I hummed and looked over at her. "I need to tell you something."

I turned around from where I stood, so I could face her. She dropped down on both of her knees and suddenly something pulled in my chest as she began to speak.

"Katya Volkov, I swear fealty to you. I will become yours for all eternity to protect you, to help you, and to serve you. This is my Oath of Homage to you."

Before I could stop myself and get her off the ground, instinct kicked in. "Rise, Natalia Romanova. I accept your offer." She got to her feet, and there was a flame that erupted into her eyes for one second and was gone the next. I finally regained control of myself and grabbed her shoulders. "Do you know what you just did?"

Natasha nodded. "I just became immortal as your vassal. Now neither of us have to worry about each other when we're not together because we won't ever be apart."

"Are you sure that's what you want?" I whispered, relaxing the grip on her shoulders.

Natasha nodded again and kissed me. "I want you, forever." I wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her closer to me as she deepened the kiss. 

"Now I can love you forever, Natasha." I smiled. I did want her to do that, I really did and now I finally see it. I wanted her to become immortal because I told her the only way was to swear the Oath of Homage.

"And I you," She smiled through another kiss.

"So this is the beginning of our forever," I whispered.

Natasha draped her arms over my shoulders. "Our wonderful forever."