Chapter 39

- there are several levels to love, don't be afraid to reach for the highest.

"You look gorgeous." I gawked at Natasha, who wore a slim-fitting grey dress that stopped just above her knees. "I could eat you up." I grinned, nibbling on her ear. She returned the look, fixing my shirt.

"You look pretty wonderful too." She held me by the collar of the grey shirt I wore underneath the black blazer. "But we better not be late. We have to leave."

I moved away from her, picking up a car key from the bowl of keys. Natasha opened her eyes wide at me. "How many cars do you have?" I stuffed the keys in my pocket.

"Three. And two bikes." I told her nonchalantly.

"You have quite the collection." She mused, following me into the hallway towards the garage. I only smiled and unlocked the car. It was expensive. She hummed in approval as I opened the door for her. "Porsche Cayman. Very nice."

"Not as nice as the woman sitting in the passenger seat." I winked, starting the car up. "Let's go watch Tony get hitched." I gunned it out of the garage.

-

We pulled up a bit early, and I opened the door for Natasha before handing my keys to the valet. It was bright out and a warm day, perfect for a wedding. I offered Natasha my arm and she gladly took it.

"So this is how we reveal ourselves to the public?" Natasha whispered in my ear, ignoring the flashing of cameras as we walked towards the hall. Tony's extra security stopped us, but once they saw Natasha's unmistakable face they turned to open the doors.

"I don't see an easier way than to let them take the pictures." I flashed a grin and a wave at the press, and they snapped pictures rapidly enjoying my little way to acknowledge them. 

Natasha chuckled as we entered the hall. "You just love the attention, don't you?"

"Tony can't have all the fun." I joked, and we took our seats in between the Sokovian twins as well as Thor. The god nodded to me with a smile, saying how it was good to see me again.

Wanda smiled at me and I complimented her dress. We looked around the hall and saw lots of people. Tony's side was heroes and friends outside of his side job, while Pepper's side was normal humans and regular families.

Tony was standing up at the altar with Rhodie at his side as the best man. Steve, Bruce, and Peter were behind him. I smiled at the sight of Peter. Tony adored the kid and saw himself in everything Peter did. I knew that and so did everyone else. I was a little surprised to see the fifteen-year-old in the wedding party, but it was nice. Refreshing, even.

We talked in low voices amongst ourselves for a bit until the music came on, indicating that Pepper was going to walk down the aisle. There was a lot of excitement in the air as everyone turned to look for the bride walking in white.

"This is so exciting," Natasha whispered, unable to hide the smile on her face.

I nodded and watched with insane amounts of happiness building inside of me as Pepper walked down the aisle with her father. I glanced at Tony to see that he was becoming emotional at the sight of his bride.

Feeling some confidence once Pepper had met Tony at the altar, I turned to Natasha. "Can you imagine us up there one day?" I hid my hopeful look and replaced it with a happy one.

She smiled and nodded. "It would be the happiest day of my life."

"Mine too." I held in a sigh of relief. Tony was right, she will be imagining our wedding day from now on. I know I will be too.

-

After the reception, Natasha, Bucky, Steve and I were all walking to the valet, laughing about something Steve had said. Bucky was drunk and I think I am too. The world was a little funnier and the ground was a little farther than usual.

"Who knew the man could ever settle down." Steve grinned. "I thought it'd never happen."

Bucky laughed and agreed with Steve. "You're right. I never thought he would. But everyone has to eventually, right?"

"Right." We all agreed.

"That's gonna be us someday, Tasha," I wrapped an arm around her shoulders. She gave me a funny look most likely because I was drunk but still laughed, nodding.

"I sure hope so." Natasha's hand went around to the other side of my waist. "What about you lovebirds?" She looked at Steve and Bucky. The latter held a beer bottle. "When's your wedding day?"

Steve went to talk, but Bucky cut him off with his loud voice. "Neither of us proposed yet." Steve's face flushed and he tried to get Bucky to shut up. "But you can't tell anyone, it's a secret," Bucky whispered, and Steve smacked himself on the forehead.

Natasha smirked, and I chuckled. Steve had a pleading look. "We'd like to keep it down low if that's alright. Bucky isn't ready for people to know yet, despite how he's acting right now." He took the beer bottle from his boyfriend's hands.

"We understand." Natasha pulled me closer to her and I nodded at her statement. "It's nice to see you two finally together."

"Same to you." Steve smiled at us. "We all saw it coming, though."

My girlfriend looked curious. "Why do you say that?"

Steve laughed, looking away. "I hope you don't hurt me for saying this...but there really was a lot of sexual tension whenever you two were speaking. And especially at the baby shower for Andrea."

I burst out laughing while Natasha looked uncomfortable. "Was it really that obvious?" I asked, trying to stop the ground from moving underneath my feet. Wait. I stopped walking, and it solved the problem until Natasha got me moving again.

"Yes, it really was." Steve chuckled.

The night was chilly, but thankfully the car was just up ahead. The valet handed Natasha the keys. "I can drive." I offered, but she only laughed in response, pushing me into the passenger seat.

"You two stay safe, alright?" Steve pat the hood of my beautiful Porsche, and I almost wanted to yell at him for it but I only laughed instead, waving to him and an exhausted-looking Bucky.

"Same to you, Rogers." Natasha also waved, pulling away from the hall.

After a few minutes, we pulled up to my apartment. Natasha walked me into the hallway, and I looked down at her. "How about I help you out of that dress, krasivaya?" It earned me a laugh, but I frowned. I was serious and she laughed at me. That's not very hot of her.

"Not until you're sober, Angel." She helped me towards the bed, which I was thankful for. It was becoming a bit harder to see in the dark.

I dropped into the bed and pulled the covers up to my stomach. Natasha settled herself in and closed her eyes to sleep. I turned my body to face her, admiring her beauty in the pale moonlight.

"Natasha," I whispered. She hummed and opened her eyes. "We're going to get married someday. I promise you."

At my words, she smiled and closed her eyes again. "Go to sleep, Katya. You're drunk." Despite what she said, I knew my words pleased her.