Chapter eight

Ryland's POV
The day was halfway over and I spent the whole day with none other than Shane Dawson he seems like a totally different person from this morning I didn't understand it at all. Is he playing with me being nice so I will fall for him?? Or does he genuinely feel sorry for what he did. My thoughts are overwhelming me.
"Ryland would you like to sit with me at lunch?" Shane asked me.
"Won't there be a lot of well slutty girls around you? I don't know if I wanna deal with a lot of people while trying to eat." He looked down
"I know.. I'm sorry. Wait didn't you drive here this morning?" I was confused why he would ask that but I just nodded my head.
"well the school allows us to eat in our cars as long as we stay on school property." Of course Shane Dawson would know that.
" okay that works for me I like to eat in a quite place anyway.." Shane gently smiled at me and for some reason my heart started beating really fast. Damn the things he can do to me. No Ryland he's not good for you. The bell rung everyone rushed out and was immediately going to the cafeteria. Shane and I were last to walk out.
"wait won't your friends be pissed if you don't sit with them?" Shane laughed a little.
"No they will be fine.. I disappear a lot so they are use to it.." I knew what he meant.. he hooks up with people during lunch. I just nodded not really knowing what to say.
"I will introduce you to them if you want though before we go to your car." I thought about it.
"Sure I need some friends I guess" I said making Shane laugh. We finally entered the cafeteria. And went in line to get our food. Then I realized something...
"Fuck I forgot my wallet at home.." I was about to get out of line but Shane grabbed my hand stopping me. I felt a jolt run through my body and I swear Shane blushed.
"I will buy you anything you want. I don't want you to starve." I blushed and he just smiled at me.
" Are you sure Shane I don't want you to waste your money..." Shane looked a little mad.
"it's not a waste Ryland. You're not a waste." His words surprised me but made me smile.
"okay thank you." He smiled. We got our food Shane got a burger and fries and I got a sub. We walked toward a table. Shane cleared his throat making the whole table stare at him. That's uncomfortable.
"Everyone this is Ryland Adams he's a new friend of mine."
"That is drew. He's probably the funniest guy you will ever meet." I laughed a little.
"And they are joey and Daniel. They are the cutest couple ever." Shane knows what a couple is? That's surprising. I waved at everyone.
"Okay Ryland and I are going to eat in his car. I really don't wanna deal with all the girls and guys today." They all nodded knowing exactly what he meant. But Joey said something shocking me.
"You usually love all the girls and guys. What's different today?" I looked at Shane and he was actually smirking.
" oh nothing is different nothing at all." Shane said looking at me. Why is he smiling at me like that? He then grabbed my hand and walked off toward my car.
"Shane what was that all about??"
" oh nothing." Is that all he says "oh nothing."
We got to my car I unlocked it and we both jumped in and started eating.
"This is nice I like the peace and quite its well different." Shane said. I smiled at him.
" okay how about this, from now on we eat in either my car or yours." Shane's face lit up.
" that's a great idea. It's a deal. Should we seal it with a kiss??" I glared at him.
" kidding Ryland kidding." I mean it's not like I didn't want to kiss him it's just.. I'm not sure if I can trust him yet. Plus it would be my first kiss. And definitely not Shane's first..
"So Ryland you moved here because your dad had to relocate for his job right?" Oh wow he listens. I nodded.
"That kind of sucks." I looked down.
"it isn't that bad I never had any friends at my old schools to miss me anyway so."
" Who wouldn't wanna be best friends with you?" Shane smiled at me then took a couple last bites of his burger.
" I don't know I got bullied a lot for being gay or for being short." Shane was looking straight into my eyes he had a sad look on his face but some anger in his eyes.
" well lucky you, stick with me and nobody will ever say one word to you. Or they will have to deal with me and trust me nobody wants that." Shane sounded like a really really overprotective dad or something. But it was so sweet and him saying that made me feel safe.
"thanks a lot Shane. I'm glad I have you as a friend." Shane's eyes were bright again no more anger. And he was blushing?? There was a big difference this time though... he didn't turn away he kept his eyes on me. Damn he's gonna be the death of me one day...