Chapter forty

Authors note: This will be the last chapter. It will be Ryland's and Shane's POV. I hope everyone enjoys.
Time skip ( 6 months later 11am )
Ryland's POV
Shane has been acting weird for a week or so now and he won't tell me why. We haven't had sex and he's been kind of distance. We woke up this morning and I tried talking to him but he basically ignored me and went to the bathroom. I hear the shower on but we didn't make plans to go anywhere. He hardly leaves the house without telling me where he's going. Maybe he's just not feeling well he likes taking a hot shower when he's not feeling good. I got out of bed and walked in the bathroom.
" Shane are you okay?" I asked him looking through the showers glass door.
" Uh yes of course! I'm just in a hurry I woke up late.." He said and I was confused.
" Where are you going? It's my day off I thought we were going to spend it together..?" I said a little upset. I heard the water turn off and Shane stepped out and I couldn't help but look him up and down..
" I'm sorry Ry.. I have an appointment." He said wrapping a towel around him.
" You didn't tell me that?" What kind of appointment?" I asked.
" It doesn't matter but I have to be there by 12:30pm so I need to hurry." Shane said. I saw Shane's phone laying on the sink and went to check the time but he moved it away from me  which is something he has never done before. What is he hiding from me?
" It doesn't take you long to get ready.. maybe we could do some things before you leave.." I said following him into the bedroom.
" I don't have time Ryland.." he said and I frowned.
" But we haven't done anything in over a week! That's a record for us.. I just miss you baby." I said my voice cracking at the end. I can feel he's hiding something. Shane slowly walked up to me and grabbed one of my hands and laid his other hand on my cheek. He slowly leaned in and gently kissed my lips and I immediately kissed back a little harder then he pulled away.
" I need to get dressed baby.. I won't be gone long okay?" Shane said looking in my eyes. I just nodded because I was lost for words.
" You should get ready also. I'm taking you out when I get home." Shane said and I smiled.
Time skip ( 11:45am)
Shane's POV
I threw on a black button up long sleeve dress shirt with some black pants and black dress shoes. Ryland was in the bathroom about to take a shower. I walked in and he was turning the shower water on completely naked. I gulped. No Shane you have to get going.
" I have to go Ry I'll see you soon." I told him smiling. He kissed my cheek.
" I love you Shaney." He said making my heart skip a beat.
" I love you too Ry." I said. I walked out of the bathroom closing the door behind me.
Time skip ( 12:30pm)
I was waiting at the table for the guy to come over to me and he finally did.
" What can I do for you son?" He said smiling.
" I had an appointment at 12:30pm to pick up an engagement ring." I said smiling.
" Name please?" He asked me.
" Shane Yaw." I said and he walked off to the back. I waited for a while and he finally came back and handed me the ring in a black box. I opened it and it was just a simple silver band with a line of diamonds around the ring. Engraved in the ring we're letters that read forever & always. I thanked the guy and left I already paid the full amount for the ring about 6 months ago. I was finally on my way home to pick up Ry. I pulled in the driveway and decided to text him.
Shane: I'm here baby! Come on I'm starving!
About 5 minutes later he finally replied.
Ryland: I'm locking the door!
I saw him walking and he looked amazing as always. He was wearing a white long sleeve button up dress shirt with black pants and black shoes. He got in buckled his seatbelt and kissed my cheek.
" How was your appointment?" He asked sounding a little upset.
" It went well. Why do you sound upset?" I asked and he smiled.
" I'm not upset babty. I'm so happy to be able to spend time with you today." He said.
" I am too and I'm taking you to your favorite restaurant!" I said excited.
Time skip ( 5:30pm)
" I can't believe we talked so much in the restaurant it's dark out now." Ryland said making me laugh.
" Time flies when your having so much fun." I said smiling.
" I always have fun with you Shaney." He said. I opened the passenger side door for him and walked  around to the drivers side jumping in.
" I have one more stop I want to make Ry but you have to put this blind fold on." I said.
" Okay I guess I can trust you." He said laughing a little.
Time skip (6:00pm)
I parked the car and got out walking over to Ryland's side to help him out and guide him to where we were going.
" Okay Ry what's the one place we use to always go before our life became so busy." I said and I heard him laugh a little.
" Uh that park with the big tree we use to sit under and have picnics?" He asked and I smiled to myself. I counted to 3 and took off his blind fold. I watched as his mouth dropped open.
" Do you like it?" I asked more nervous now than ever.
" I-I love it Shane. You did all of this?" He asked. I nodded.
" I rented out the park just so no one would be here. Garrett helped put the bright lights all over the tree..." I said smiling.
" I'm such a jerk.." he said and I was confused.
" Wait what?" I asked.
" This past week you have been so distant and now I know why.. but I was a jerk and thought maybe you were with someone else.. you were being sneaky and hiding stuff like your phone.." he said rambling on.
" Baby.. I love you and only you.. I understand why you would question it. I know I was acting weird I just was so busy with planning all of this and I was hiding my phone from you because Garrett was texting me to meet him here for the lights and it would ruin everything if you saw those texts.." I said now rambling on myself. I grabbed Ryland's hand and we walked to the tree sitting under it on the blanket I had laid out. We talk about anything and everything and every second that passed I fell more in love with Ryland. I knew now was the time.
" Ryland come here." I said standing up and helping him up.
" What is it Shane?" He looked at me confused. I smiled at him and slowly kneeled down on one knee. I never have felt so nervous in my life.
Ryland's POV
Shane was looking into my eyes and I couldn't believe this was happening.
" Ryland Adams ever since the day I met you I knew you would be the one. The one I would marry someday and have kids with. I don't care that your parents won't ever accept us and I don't care if anyone else does or doesn't. I love you more than anyone and honestly I couldn't live without you. Will you marry me Ry?" Shane asked and I was crying. I couldn't speak but Shane was waiting for an answer.
" Y-yes..!" I managed to get out." He smiled at me and put the ring on my left ring finger. He stood up and I jumped in his arms knocking him on the ground but he laughed and so did I. I was now laying on top of him.
" I love you so much Shaney." I said finally being able to speak.
" I love you more." He said.
" Not possible." I said
" Let me show you how much I love you." He said smirking. He flipped us over so he was on top and connected our lips. I smiled against his lips and he pulled away. He leaned down kissing my neck gently all over. We felt a gust of wind out of nowhere and I shivered.
" Maybe we should finish this at home..?" Shane said in a raspy voice. I nodded. We both got up and left the park. Shane held my hand all the way home rubbing his thumb slowly over my ring. I smiled every time I looked at it. It's the beginning of a new chapter for us.