Chapter twenty two

Ryland's POV
I changed into my gym clothes and walked up the stairs to the gym. I noticed everyone was already playing basketball and the coach was walking my way.
" Who are you?!" He asked me. Damn he has issues.
" We never properly met sir I'm new here, the first day I came some kids gave me a concussion and I was out for a little over a week but now I'm back. My name is Ryland Adams.. sir." He nodded and actually smiled at me.
" If you got a concussion about a week ago you still can't play for another week or so. I don't want something to happen I am responsible for you in this gym. Go sit on the bleachers." I just nodded. At least I can sneak text Shane so he doesn't have a heart attack. When the coach wasn't looking I pulled out my phone.
Ryland: Hey Babty, the coach won't let me play for another week or so. I'm stuck on the bleachers but good news is I get to talk to you. I miss you already. 😩💙
Message delivered. I locked my phone and put it back in my gym shorts before the coach saw. I really do miss Shane this is the longest we have been apart since we met. I can't believe I'm in love with someone I have only been dating for almost 2 weeks. He's just perfect. Why is he taking so long to text me back? It's been about 20 minutes. I know he's in class but he was freaking out about me going to gym earlier and told me to text him. Something feels off. I started to worry I mean he's in class what could happen? I just don't like the feeling I have right now. I got up from the bleachers and ran to the coach.
" Sir may I run to the bathroom?" I asked.
" sure not like you have anything better to do." I nodded and ran out the door I was walking toward Shane's class. What do I plan on doing busting in there? I will get in huge trouble and if a teacher sees me walking the halls I will get into even more trouble. I heard someone yell for help and my heart dropped. That was Shane!
I ran toward his voice as fast as I could and stopped at a janitors closet why is he in here.
"Shane!" I yelled. I heard a girl laughing and Shane telling her to stop. Fuck. I tried to open the door but I needed a key. I could go get a teacher they have a key. What do I do?
" sounds like your boyfriend is here." I heard the girl say.
" Ryland! Go find a key and hurry!" His voice was raspy he's getting turned on... I ran to who knows where maybe one of the teachers empty classrooms is unlocked and they usually keep their keys in their desk. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and bumped into someone. It was Garrett..
" Garrett why aren't you in class.." then I saw keys in his hand. No he wouldn't, he locked that door..
" Why would you do that to me?" I asked him. He shook his head.
" I was trying to prove once Shane sees a hot girl he can't resist he's not made for relationships" I got pissed.
" Garret let the fucking past go, people can change and Shane has! He told me what happened and how bad he felt! He was going to apologize to you! He's screaming for help right now he doesn't want her!" Garrett looked surprised and I saw guilt all over his face.
" I'm sorry Ryland. Here go get Shane and hurry." I grabbed the keys from Garret and ran toward Shane.