Chapter Nine

Shane's POV
Ryland was the only person I knew that could make me blush the only person that made me feel so different. I want nothing more but to protect him.. why do I feel this way?? Do I like Ryland Adams? No I hook up with people not fall in love.. right?? It was last period and that sucked because I didn't have last period with Ryland..
" see you tomorrow Shane." He smiled at me. That beautiful smile that could light up any room.
" bye Ryland have fun in Gym." He waved at me and started walking the other way. And I had to go to my stupid elective. Work shop.
The bell was about to ring so I could get out of this hell hole and maybe see Ryland before I leave to go home. Even in work shop boys and girls were smiling and flirting with me. I can't catch a break. Wait when did I get tired of all of this?? Oh right as soon as I laid eyes on him.. Fuck! Ryland got to me... The bell rung I quickly ran out of the room. And was walking toward the schools doors to go to Ryland's car and wait for him. But my phone rent off. I smiled seeing who texted me. Ryland. But my smile quickly faded.
Ryland: Can you come to the nurses office please.... 😣
Shane: I'm Omw now Ryland.
I quickly ran down the hall and opened the door to the nurses office I saw Ryland sitting on the nurses bed. With his head wrapped up and an ice pack on it. Also his lip was bleeding. I was immediately pissed knowing someone had obviously hurt him. I sat beside him.
"Ryland what happened? who did this to you?" I asked frantic to know so I could beat the shit out of them.
"Shane it's not that big of a deal please don't act on it. It will only make things worse for you and I." What did he mean by that?
"Fine I won't act on it but are they at least getting in trouble?"
"yes they are getting suspended for a month." Ryland said. Really only a month?? I was beyond pissed but I took a breather I have to control myself for Ryland.
" The nurse called my parents they just said to go home and rest for a few days. I think they planned on staying at a hotel for a few days because it's their anniversary tomorrow."
I was shocked, he couldn't drive home like this.
"I can drive you home in your car and Drew can pick me up to come back here for my Jeep or something." I said and Ryland nodded.
We walked to Ryland's car and got in. I started the car up and then turned to Ryland.
"So where do you live and can I stay with you until your parents get back so someone can take care of you?"
"Shane I can take care of myself." I watched as Ryland rolled his eyes and I laughed as I drove off in the direction he told me too.
"come on Ryland please."
"no Shane."
" fine come stay at my house. I have a guest room and a pool." I smiled at him.
" sounds nice but what about your parents plus I doubt it's healthy to swim with a minor concussion."
" I live by myself. You will love my house. I have a dog and a cat." I said which made Ryland smile.
"fine I will stay with you.. I just wanna lay down right now my head hurts." I smiled gently at him nodding my head. Knowing he can use one of my shirts to sleep in for tonight I went on to my house. I will go get some things for him from his house tomorrow if he wants. We pulled up at my house. And Ryland's face was priceless. He looked amazed. I helped him out of the car and into the house immediately Uno ran up getting excited. Ryland bent down to pet Uno.
"what's his name?"
" Uno Dawson" I said proudly. Ryland laughed but kept loving on Uno. Wish he would love on me like that. He got up asking for some clothes to sleep in I nodded. I went upstairs and grabbed him a big t shirt. And threw it at him. He took his shirt off right there making me swallow hard. He's so... perfect. Nobody else can effect me like this. He threw the shirt I gave him on and it was cute on him I knew it would swallow him whole because it's a little big on me. He took his pants off putting them to the side. So he was only in my big shirt and his light gray boxers.
"Wanna watch a movie??" He nodded sitting on the couch and I sat next to him Uno jumping up to lay beside Ryland. Then Cheeto jumps up.
"awww what's the cats name?"
"Cheeto Dawson" Ryland laughed. Damn I love that sound.
" I love their names." He said smiling at me.
"thank you. I do too. Wanna watch scream? It's my favorite movie." I asked him.
"uhhh I guess that's fine." We both laid there in silent watching the movie. Then a jump scare happened making me laugh and Ryland scream which probably wasn't good for his head.
"want me to stop the movie I don't want you to get to scared when you have a concussion." I said but he shook his head.
"No shane I'm fine." I smiled and we kept watching. He screamed again but this time he jumped into me making me blush and he blushed too? I figured he would pull away but he never did he kept his head on my chest the rest of the movie making me smile like an idiot.