Chapter thirty nine

Time skip ( one week later)
Shane's POV
I woke up and heard the shower running. I looked at the clock and it's only 7:00am, why is he up? I got up and walked in the bathroom.
" What are you doing up so early Shaney?" Ryland asked me.
" I was going to ask you the same thing." I said slightly smiling at him. He turned the water off and stepped out of the shower kissing my cheek while wrapping a towel around his waist.
" Today is my first day at work. They told me to be there by 8:00am." He said and I frowned.
" So I won't even get to wake up beside you?" I said realizing I sound selfish. He walked over to me wrapping his arms around my neck and out of habit I wrapped mine around his waist.
" Babty I'm sorry it has to be like this but when I get home I promise I will lay in bed and cuddle you the rest of the day and all night if you want me to." He said making my heart skip a beat.
" I love you Ry." I said smiling down at him. He gently pecked my lips.
" I love you more Shaney." He said. He let go of me and turned toward the mirror to fix his hair. I smiled and walked back in the bedroom to lay down. Ryland talked to me the whole time he was getting ready. It was 7:30am and sadly he had to leave. I walked downstairs with him and watched as he slipped on a pair of shoes. I looked him up and down and he looked great as always. He was wearing black jeans and a white t shirt with my black jacket.
" I never said you could wear my jacket." I said laughing a little. He laughed also.
" It's comfortable plus it smells like you." He said smiling and I felt my cheeks heat up. I walked up and kissed his lips not wanting to let go of him but he pulled away from me.
" I have to go babty." He said and I nodded.
" Be careful. Text me when you can. I love you so much." I said.
" I will and I will. I love you too.." he said smiling and kissing my cheek. He walked out the door and I watched him pull out of the driveway. What do I do now? Maybe I could hang out with Garrett? I haven't hung out with him in a few months. I walked upstairs and laid down with Uno and Cheeto wishing Ryland was here. After 30 minutes of laying in bed staring at the ceiling I got a text from Ryland. I smiled as I was reading it.
Ryland: I made it here on time and safe Shaney. Everyone is so sweet. I really like these two girls Joslyn and Lily. So far I have just got a tour of the place and introduced myself to everyone. Now I'm sitting at my OWN desk. I'm excited but I really miss you! I love you so much babty!
I was biting my lip and felt my eyes watering. I don't know why I feel like crying. I'm really proud of him.
Shane: I'm so proud of you Ry I'm crying! I miss you too and I love you more than anything!
I sent the message and waited for a reply. It's been about 15 minutes and my phone finally went off.
Ryland: Awe don't cry! I will be home around 4 as long as they don't ask me to stay longer and I'm sorry I'm taking a while to reply they asked me to watched them film a video so I get an idea of how they do things. Apparently I'm going to be mainly filming celebrity news? I guess that's exciting.
I laughed to myself making Cheeto jump a little and Uno look at me like I'm crazy.
Shane: That's great baby.. I'm trying to figure out what to do today. It's so quite and lonely without you here.
I immediately got a reply.
Ryland: I'm sorry you're lonely.. go hang out with a friend or maybe go visit your mom? We haven't been over there in a few weeks.
Shane: Yeah true. I thought about going to hang out with Garrett if that's okay?
Ryland: Of course it is okay! I hope you have fun. I have to get to work! I love you baby!
Shane: Okay thank you! I love you so much!
I decided to text Garrett hanging out with him is better than laying here and being depressed.
Shane: Hey buddy! How have you been? I feel like it's been forever since I have seen you. Want to hangout today?
I sent the message and waited for a reply. He texted back about 10 minutes later.
Garrett: Of course I would love to hang out! I actually need to talk to you about something. When and where?
Shane: Okay! Uhhh how is now and my house.
Garrett: Throwing clothes on and I'll be there!
I got up and figured I should take a quick shower. Once I got out of the shower I threw on a pair of black sweatpants and a black t shirt to match. I brushed my hair and sort of fixed it. I heard a knock on the door and ran downstairs. I opened the door and Garrett walked in dressed in his usual crazy outfits.
" Where is Ryland?" He asked.
" It's his first day at work and I'm dying." I said honestly.
" Why are you dying?" He said as we sat on the couch.
" I'm so use to being with him pretty much every minute of every day. I just miss him." I said and Garrett nodded.
" I guess that makes sense. So anyway I had a great idea!" He said all of the sudden excited.
" Okay tell me about it then." I said smiling.
" Remember when we hooked up years ago we talked about how much we both love anything paranormal?"
" Honestly I don't remember that but continue anyway." I said and he laughed a little.
" Well I thought since you love ghost and shit like that so much maybe you could do like scary videos every so often and maybe have a friend that also likes ghost in those videos." He said and I thought about it.
" That's a great idea but who would be that friend." I said messing around and he glared at me.
" I'm kidding Garrett." I said laughing.
" And maybe Ryland can also join?" He asked.
" Well he's not a fan of paranormal stuff." I said frowning.
" I feel like we need a third person?" Garrett said and I nodded.
" Oh I know! Drew likes scary things plus he's so funny he would be perfect." Garrett said.
" Drew?" I said and Garrett looked at me confused.
" The drew you use to be friends with back in high school." He said.
" Ohhh okay.. I haven't talked to him since high school.." I said.
" He will forgive you for that trust me." He said. Garrett called Drew and asked him to come to my house right now. After a while Drew shown up and we talked for hours about how to make the videos and what the first video should be about. I looked at the time and it was past 4 already and no texts from Ryland. Maybe they asked him to work late that's not fair at all. Ugh.
" So Shane I'm surprised you're still with Ryland.." Drew said surprising me.
" What do you mean?" I asked.
" Well everyone was surprised when you actually started dating someone and started blowing off all the other hook ups." He said.
" I fell in love with Ryland and for a while I didn't even understand what the feeling was. I just knew I wanted him and only him." I said smiling to myself.
" That's amazing. Everyone thought you would eventually ditch him and go back to being the "bad boy" of the school." Garrett said.
" I could never ditch Ryland and I'm so glad I never did." I said.
" Do you ever miss being able to sleep with whoever?" Drew asked. What's with these questions.
" No Ryland is all I need." I said.
" So have you not proposed yet?" Drew asked and I blushed.
" I uh no I haven't.. I know he wants to get married and have kids.. and I really do too but I don't want to rush anything." I said. Drew and Garrett nodded. My phone started ringing it was Ryland. I immediately answered.
Shane: hey baby what's up?
Ryland: I'm on my way home! I'm almost there! They asked me to stay for an extra hour so I'm sorry baby!
Shane: It's fine! I'm just glad your almost here I will see you soon. Drive safely I love you!
Ryland: I love you too!
Ryland: Fuck!
I heard Ryland yell and car horns. My heart dropped.
Shane: baby! Are you okay?! What happened?!
Ryland: I'm fine Shane I'm fine. Someone came close to hitting me so I had so swerve off the road.
He was breathing heavy and so was I.
Shane: Do I need to come get you?
Ryland: No I'm almost there! I will see you in a little bit I love you!
He hung up and my heart was still beating fast.
" Your face is really pale Shane." Garrett said.
" What happened?" Asked Drew.
" Someone almost hit Ryland while he was driving and I'm fine now but I think I had a mini heart attack just now."
" Well at least he's okay now!" Garrett said and Drew nodded.
" We're going to go so you can have alone time with Ryland. Talk to you later!" Drew said and they both hugged me and walked out of the house pulling out of the driveway. I was sitting alone on the couch and I finally saw Ryland pull in. I jumped off the couch and ran out the door. I opened his car door for him and he smiled at me. He also looked really pale and I think he has been crying. I helped him out of the car and picked him up bridal style carrying him inside. He wrapped his arms around my neck and laid his head on my chest. I missed him so much. Once we got inside I walked up the stairs and laid him on the bed removing his shoes and the rest of his clothing for him. He was only in his boxers now and he crawled under the blankets. He won't sleep unless he's only in his boxers. I took my clothes off so I was only in my boxers and crawled under the blankets with him. I held him as close as possible.
" I missed you so much." I said.
" I missed you more.." he said quietly.
" Babty you sound upset.. are you still pretty shaken up?" He nodded gripping onto me tighter.
" I saw my life flash before my eyes. I thought I was going to die.. all I thought about was wanting to see you one last time and that's what made me swerve off the road.." he said and I had tears rolling down my cheeks. Ryland looked up at me wiping the tears away and smiled at me.
" Shane don't cry.. I'm here with you now and that's all that matters." He said and I smiled.
" You're right Ry.. I'm so glad your okay.." And he nodded and yawned.
" Go to sleep Babty I will wake you up when it's time to eat dinner.." I told him and he nodded.
" I love you Shane."
" I love you too Ryland." I said and I already heard light snores coming from Ryland. I held him tight. I never want to let go and I never will. He really got to me.