Secrets Best Left Untold

My life is hell. My mom is constantly screaming with my man whorish father. I wonder how many brothers and sisters I have without knowing it. My brother, Anthony, Ant for short, is turning to drugs to ease his pain. Me? Well, I just let it bottle up until I just explode. Jessica knows about everything, since she's my very understanding best friend. She is the listener. Zach is my encourager. I don't know how many times he has stopped me from doing something I would regret. I don't know how many times he saved my life. Now, I feel defeated. I no longer have any fight left. After my mom hit me last night, I just snapped. I don't feel pain anymore. Numb. I doubt even Zach can save me from spiraling out of control now.

So. Morbid. Depressed. Whatever you want to call it. Im not actually that...how to put this....gothic emo. Now, I have no problem with gothic emos, Im just not one. 

"My lovely lovely lovely Erica! It is time to get ready for the lovely thing I call school!" I swear Zach is dead when I really wake up. I looked over at the clock. 5:00.

"Zachary Drake Wilkinson, you better hope I misread that clock just now because if not, you are dead." Zach gulped loudly. I may be fun and loving but sleep is something I dont mess with. At all. I tried to fall back asleep and couldnt. Just my luck. I start grumbling and complaining until i get in the shower. The hot jets instantly soothe my tense and tired muscles. Showers are the only relief I really get during the day, well apart from Jessica and Zach.

"Virgin pants! Unless you actually lost it last night and is sore, I suggest you get dressed." Yup, thats Jess for you. And you heard right. I am an 18 year old virgin in almost every aspect except kissing. I dated this guy once but I got bored and dumped him. Sure i sound cold and heatless but come on. He never texted, called, nothing! So, whatever.

"Yeah, yeah whatever. Just calm your tits." Okay so we are a little weird, but whats a chicken noodle soup with carrots? Yea it made no sense just know but think again......it did just make sense.

I slipped on my favorite pair of black ripped jeans and a plain purple tee. I brushed my hair up into a messy bun, slipped on my big girl glasses..yes i did just say big girl...and grabbed my checkered bookbag. Im what you call a half punk, quarter nerd, and quarter prep. Weird i know.

We pull up to our high school. Meadow High. SO cliche. but whatever. We chill at our favorite picnic bench thats closest to the soccer field. Nothing wrong with a little entertainment. Did I forget to mention that my little Zachy is bi? Well yea, he's had a couple girlfriends and boyfriends but personally I think he likes girls better.

"So, how was the environment at home last night?" Jessica asked.

"Well, it seems mom has taken up the habit of throwing stuff now and Ant is getting hooked on coke. I threw away his weed so he goes for stronger stuff." I say this nonchalantly, but on the inside, I crack just a little more.

"Look babe, we are almost done. Then we can move in together and live happily ever after!" I laughed at Zach's enthusiasm.

"There is no such thing as happily ever after." My life sure is an example of it. *Note ridiculously heavy sarcasm*

"Well miss, I beg to differ." What? I didn't recognize the voice. I turned around and saw pure perfection. He was tall about 6' and muscular. His gray button up shirt did nothing to hide his muscles and the sleeves were rolled up to his elbow so I saw all his glorious perfect forearm.  

"Who are you?" I looked up and was glad I did. Perfect teeth. Check. Black hair. Check. Exotic eyes. Check. They were a mix between gray and green. Yumm. Shaggy hair that barely brushhed his eyelashes. Check. Once again, I say perfection.

"I am Daniel. But you can call me Danny or Mr.Tate, whichever you prefer." Hmm thats weird offering a first name?

"Ahh so you are the new macro teacher?" Jessica asked. I knew I didnt know a Mr. Tate.

"Yup, so do I have the pleasure of teaching you lovely ladies and gentleman?"

"Yes you do. Im Erica but you can call me Ricki. This is Jessica and this is Zach."

"Well, its nice to meet new faces but Erica, I have my own nick name for you. How about....Ari?" Uggh I actually hated when people called me that. I actually punched this kid in the nose in the 7th grade for calling me that, but suprisingly, the name just rolled off his tongue and i actually like the sound of it.

Zach and Jessica were snickering and Danny-err I mean Mr. Tate looked confused. Aww how adorable.

"Sure,why the heck not?" Mr.Tate's smile widened and Zach and Jessica's mouth opened.  

"Unless you want some bugs in your mouth, I suggest you-" Too late.

"OH MY FREAKING GOSH! A BUG FLEW IN MY MOUTH!!" Me, Jessica and Mr.Tate laughed at a sputtering Zach.

Hmm. I feel like change is coming. And i get the impression its because of our new Macro teacher.