Chapter 5

I woke up to the sound of a running shower. I got up and stretched and heard the door open. I turned and gasped. Danny is one fine man. He was standing in front of me butt naked with only a towl to hide his...'prized possession'. Water droplets were running down his chest and into the ridges of his clearly defined 8 pack. There was a small trail of hair that led to the one area that I could only dream about. And his v cuts? Yummy.

"Are you checking me out?" Danny asked in a husky voice. His gray eyes were sparkling but were slightly hiding behind his damp black hair. Oh how I wanted to run my hands through it.

"Why yes sir, I am checking you out. I just draw the line at eye rapings." Danny chuckled and threw me a towel, wash cloth, some sweatpants and another sweatshirt.

"Here you go. I know you like my sweatshirts so I decided to give you another one." Danny winked and I just smiled.

"Thanks Mr.Tate." I made sure to emphasize the mr. part and laughed when he bagan to scowl. I went into the shower and hissed at the pain. I guess Im going to need those meds very soon. I got out of the hot shower and dressed slowly. Everything was a little harder without Danny or Kane.

I walked out and saw Mr.Tate fighting with a tie. I went over and tightened if for him. "Wow, Mr.Tate, you clean up well."

He smiled down at me and handed me my medicine. Its like he could read my mind. "Are you sure your not a mind reader?"

"Nope, I just know from your shallowing breaths. It kept happening last night and it scared me half to death."

"Sorry." I felt bad about scaring Danny. I didnt mean to.

"Its fine. I was more worried about you." He looked at his watch. "Well, we need to get moving or else I will be late."

We walked into the kitchen and saw Kane sitting on the kitchen island in his boxers swinging his feet like a littke 5 year old. "Hey guys! Ready for school?" I scowled and Danny smiled. I grabbed a water bottle and a granola bar and waited for Danny to make his coffee.

We walked to Danny's car and drove to school in a comfortable silence. He parked and i got out and we walked to his classroom. I was still a little sleepy so I went to Danny's office and drifted off to sleep for a little bit. A little later, I woke up because of the pain in my ribs. I needed those meds and danny had it. I walked to the door but paused because I heard voices outside the classroom.

"Hey Daniel."

"Hello Anna. How's it going?"

"Well I was wondering if we could go to that new coffee shop for lunch today." Anna? Ms.Fender wants to date Mr.Tate? Well, I mean who doesn't.

"Oh Im sorry. I have a friend coming for lunch today." Most likely Kane.

"Bring them too." Wow, she just doesnt give up. Its really funny how people try so hard to get his company. I understand why though, hes really fun to be around.

"No, Im sorry. Maybe another time Anna." I heard the door close and I walked outside. I walked up to Mr.Tate and got my meds from his jacket pocket. I smirked at him and stared at him while he typed on his computer. "What?"

"I just think its funny how so many people want to get in your pants." He looked up from his computer.

"Huh?"

"Oh come on. You couldnt tell? Wow, you really are a dork." He laughed and I grabbed my bookbag. "I will see you later, kay?" He smiled and I left to first period. I sat in my chair and saw Jess and Zach sitting in our normal spot.

"Babe! You had me worried, where were you?" I looked at her confused. What is she talking about? "I came by your house to pick you up and your mom said you didnt come home laast night. She is so worried about you." Yeah, worried about how bad a parent she looks. She's the reason I didnt come home.

"Oh I slept by one of my friends last night and my phone died so I couldnt tell you. Im sorry."

"A friend's house?" Zach looked like he didnt believe me. I looked at him and smiled. I mean I technically didnt lie. Danny is a friend..just one I shouldnt have.

By second period, I felt like crap. I needed my pills. I could barely breathe and I felt like crying I was in so much pain. I heard the door open and I heard Mr.Tanner stop teaching. I felt a hand on my back and I looked up to see Mr.Tate's worried face. In his hand, he had my water bottle and pills. He gave me two and handed me the water. I was in so much pain, I didnt even care about all the students staring at me.

Mr.Tate put the pills in my bookbag and gave me one last worried look. I gave him a small smile and he stood up and left. Everyone turned their eyes back to me but it didnt matter. I already had my head down on the desk and was waiting for the medicine to kick in.

When class was over, I walked to thrid period and was cornered by Jess. "What the heck was that?" I knew exactly what she was talking about but I was about to play stupid.

"What are you talking about Jess?"

"What do you mean what am I talking about? Why did Mr.Tate come in and take care of you? He left his freaking class to come and help you!"

"Look, I accidentally left my medicine in his class and he knew I needed it so he brought it."

"Why do you need meds anyway?"

"I fell down the stairs and broke 2 ribs and have a hairline fracture in my ankle." She gasped. "Thats why I slept over my friend's house. I didnt wanto to have to explain anything to my mom and Mr.Tate knew because I came in early and he saw the meds."

"Oh. Im sorry Ricki." I smiled at her and went to my next class.

The moment of truth. 6th period. I cant wait to see Kane again. I mean I know hes Mr.Tates best friend and all but he's like my twin! I walk into class and Mr.Tate has a new seat for me. It is right in the front and he had a seat for me to set my ankle down. Wow.

"Thanks Da-I mean Mr.Tate. I really appreciate it. Ive been walking on it all day and my ankle is killing me."

"You need to use crutches then. You know that you can easily break it more."

"Yea but I dont want to feel like a cripple."

"Then let me carry you!" Everyone turned to look atKane standing in the doorway. I smiled and watched Kane give Mr.Tate one of those man hugs then came to me and pulled my ankle gently into his lap.

"Is there a reason you are acting as my ankle pillow?" I said referring to when Kane made me sit in his lap.

"Well I was too lazy to get another seat for it." Kane said remebering what I was talking about.

"Its only about 20 feet away Kane." Mr.Tate said causing me and Kane to bust out laughing.

"Oh so this is Kane." That screechy voice was so distinct. Melanie. "Hello, Im Melanie."

"Oh so this is Melanie." Kane said quietly, but not quietly enough.

"Mr.Tate talks about me?"

"Umm no." Kane was getting a little annoyed now and it was funny.

"So Kane, do you want to share a seat with me instead? I think you would enjoy it more." Once again she tried to purr and it sounded terrible.

"Umm no I would rather stay with my friend." he said emphasizing the friend part. I looked up at Mr.Tate and he was staring with his arms crossed and a look like he was trying to hold in his laughter.

"Well lets start the lesson." Mr.Tate finally cut in as Melanie stalked off fuming at the rejection. I quickly gave Kane a high five and listened to the lesson. I almost fell asleep though because Kane was rubbing my leg and it was making me sleepy.

"Ari, detention. Kane stop getting her in trouble." I started grumbling as Mr.Tate finished teaching and looked at Jess. I gave her a look that said I would explain later and she accepted and started listening again too.