Chapter 24

I was worn out. My feet were red and swollen and I wasnt going to be wearing flip flops in this freezing weather. "Oh all the decembers that are ctually cold, why now?" I goraned to Jess. Georgia has bipolar weather and the beginning of December is usually okay but this year it just had to be like negative five degrees!

"Im sorry, babe. Maybe Danny should've just waited before he put tthose angels in your stomach." I gave Jess a flat look. My feet were literally on fire and she was joking about my babies? "Sorry." She said looking at me sheepishly. I sighed and walked into Danny's classroom. I sat down and took off my shoes. I sighed and rested my head on the desk. 

"Ari, are you alright? You look a little off." I looked up at him and smiled at him weakly. 

"Im fine, sir. My feet just hurt a little." Danny nodded then reached into his desk and pulled something out. A minute later, I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket. 

Danny: Foot massage tonight. Love you, baby girl ;)

I smiled at Danny and nodded briefly before putting my phone up. The bell rang and I zoned out. I was thinking about how sexy Danny look with those glasses and his 5 o clock shadow. I imagined running my fingers through his messy hair and kissing his pink lips. My thoughts were interrupted by the door slamming open. I looked at the door and my eyes widened when I saw my mother. 

She narrowed her eyes then they widened as she put two and two together. SHe looked back and forth between Danny and me then her eyes zeroed in on Dnny's wedding ring and mine. Her mouth opened and I jumped out of my seat. "Mom! What are you doing here?" I put a strained smile on then waddled to the door. The light caught my ring and my mother scowled at my hand. 

I quickly grabbed her arm and pulled her into the hallway. I crossed my arms and frowned at my mother. She looked more clean cut again. Her dirty blonde hair was tied into a tight bun and she was dressed in a nice business suit. I guess she saw me looking at her questionably. "I had a job interview today."

"Okay but what are you doing here?" I asked in a yell-whisper.

"Well, I came to take you out of class to talk to you but I found out more valuable information. You married your teacher?" I rolled my eyes and scowled at my mother.

"He's only 3 years older than me so it isnt even a real problem."

"But it is! He's your teacher!" Oh, so now she cares.

"Yeah, a teacher I love! He saved me from you and actually cares!" Her face turned from exasperated to a frown.

"FIne then, I will tell the principle." My mom crossed her arms and smiled smugly. I cocked my hip and raised my eye brows.

"And I will fight it to the end. Mom, you will not ruin the rest of my life or my husband's." She dropped her arms and stormed off in the direction of the principle's office. Good thing we had this already settle out. I walked into the classroom and gave Danny a look. He nodded, excused himslef. and walked into the hall with me.

"Whats wrong?" Danny creased his eyesbrows and looked over my face as if looking for some type of injury.

"She went and told the principle about us. She doesnt have any proof thought because I cut her off." He nodded and went back into the classroom.

***

I stayed after class with Danny, Jess, Hazel, and Zach. Danny hd called Kane so he should be here soon. "What did your mom want?" Jess asked me as she started braiding her hair. 

"She came to 'talk' to me and eneded up figuring out  I married Danny. She went and told the principle on us. Jess froze, Danny tensed, and Hazel spit out her drink all over the desk. She smiled sheepishly and stood to grab paper towels.