Chapter 6

"So how do you know Kane?" Jess asked walking next to me as I hobbled to my locker.

"Who's Kane?" Zach came up asking. He really needs to stop scaring the crap out of me like that.

"What the heck Zach?! Dont come up on people scaring them like that!" I avoided who Kane was for a reason. Anyway I said would come out bad.

Example One: 'Hey guys, I became good friends with our teacher and slept over his house which is how I met Kane.' Yea. No.

Example Two: 'Hey guys I knew this guy and I just happened to become good friends with him and he is actually Mr.Tates best friend.' That leads too many open ends that my friends wont leave alone.

I could always use this one. Example Three: 'Hey guys. I went to a male strip club and this guy worked there and he gave me a really good lap dance so now we are good friends and he just happened to know Mr.Tate.' I like this one!

"Hello? Erica? Ricki?" Jessica is waving her hand in my face. Oops I guess I spaced out a little.

"Umm yea? Whats wrong?"

"Well you havent answered our question and you were mumbling about a strip club and lap dance." Zach was staring at me trying not to laugh but also had a curious glint in his eyes.

"Well I know Kane because....well its a funny story. What had happened was.."

"We almsot had a one night stand." My eyes widened at the deep voice behind me. He seriously couldn't come up with a better excuse? Seriously Kane? The virgin one night stand?!

"Kane you idiot!" I reached back and was about to slap him in the head when someone beat me to it. Mr.Tate- i mean Danny. Of course he would be here too. "Sorry, Kane has an active imagination." I said giving Kane a dirty look. "We met this summer. I went to Charlotte to visit my cousin and met him. We were lucky enough to live close enough where we could still meet."

Zach and Jess seemed a little apprehensive but believed it anyway. "So what was up with that joke in class today?" Zach asks too many freakin questions!

"Well what happened was we were in Daniel's kitchen-"

"What do you mean 'WE'?" Jess said giving me an incriminating look. I sighed in defeat. Kane and his big mouth.

"Well Danny was the friend." Jess's eyes nearly popped out of its sockets. Whats so wrong with findong out your friend slept over her teacher's house. Apprently lot. *Note sarcasm*

"You slept- he friend? what?" It would help if Zach could finish a statement before moving on.

"Come on, let's move this to my classroom." We walked into the classroom. I sat next to Kane(hes my unofficial bodyguard now) and Jessica and Zach sat next to us.

"So any questions you have need to be asked now."

"What the heck are you doing spending the night at your teachers house?!"

"Umm well you see umm well technically its an apartment and not a house. And I already told you I just left out the fact that the friend was Danny. And thats how I met Kane." Jessica glared at me. This is why I didnt tell her in the first place!

"So this is how Danny knew about the bruises and had your meds." Yup.

"Yea it is and you should have been there! The sleepover was so much fun! Especially when I did rock paper scissors to see who slept-" I slapped my hand over Kane's mouth and Danny's eyes opened up wide.

Jess narrowed her eyes at me. "What was he going to say Erica?" Uh oh. She used my name. Oh my gosh ohmygosh what am I supposed to say?!

I sighed in defeat again. "They played rock paper scissors to see who would sleep in the bed with me."

"And who won?" I just now remebered that Zach was in the room. He looked highly amused. I think hes enjoying the uncomfortable situation Im in right now. That booger.

"Danny did." Zach busted out laughing and Jess's mouth dropped open.

"You..slept..with..our..teacher" Zach said in between laughs. Gosh he makes it sound so bad. Now I never blush but I was full fledged burning up.

"Wow, I never knew you could blush." I turned to glare at Kane. It was his fault I was in this situation anyway. I was going to shoot back a slick comment but I looked into Kane's eyes. Big mistake. His eyes were wide and he reminded me of a 5 year old who just got a lollipop. I cant insult a 5 year old! I groaned and turned away from him to look at Danny.

Danny crossed his arms and was leaning on his desk watching me glare Kane, Zach laugh his butt off, and Jessica open and close her mouth like a fish. Oh yeah, he was definetely enjoying this.

"Oh whatever." In this whole time, I had been too caught up in everything that I had forgotten to take my meds and I was in pain. I was in so much that I was feeling lightheaded. I guess all my moving today has finally caught up to me. I stood up and Danny's eyes followed my movements. He saw me sway and propped his self up to come towards me. I took one more step and collapsed. Because Danny was watching me so closely he was able to get to me before I hit the ground.

"Thanks Dan Dan. Im pretty sure that wouldve hurt." I smiled weakly then blacked out.