Chapter 16

I woke up to Danny trying to sneak quietly to the bathroom. He is so adorable trying not to wake me so I can get some sleep. "Im already awake Danny boy." He stopped tip toeing and turned to look at me sheepishly.

"Im sorry baby girl, I thought I was being quiet." I smiled.

"Its fine baby. Can we meet the new neighbor after school today?" I exclaimed sitting up fast. Danny smiled and shook his head.

"Yes we can baby girl. I guess you are excited to meet new people, huh?" I nodded excitedly and stood up to go to the kitchen. I went to the kitchen and started taking out pans to make breakfast when something shiny caught my attention on my hand. I paused and my eyes widened.

On my finger was a beautiful diamond and emerald engagement ring. I turned fast to go to Danny but he was already leaning on the kitchen doorway.

"Danny." I whispered as tears sprung to my eyes. He started to walk slowly towards me.

"Erica Lane. I love you with all my heart. You are my everything, when I see you my day gets brighter just from your face. You are my baby girl and all I want to do is love and protect you and our little angel." He cupped my face. "Baby girl, will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?"

"Yes, Danny boy. Im doing you a favor so now you owe me." I said in between tears. Danny laughed and put his forehead against mine. He wiped my tears and kissed me lightly.

"Seems you and Jessica got a wedding to start planning for."

***

I arrived to school happier than I ever have been. I stepped out of my car and quickly found Jess along with one of our other friends. I called Jess over and started talking to her to see if she would notice the giant rock on my finger.

"Hey Jess. How was your day yesterday?"

"Great and how is my neice or nephew?" Jess lowered herself down to my tummy's level. "Auntie Jess was worried about you."

"Yes, so were we." I made sure not to say Danny's name to cause any suspicion.

"So did you hear we are getting a new stu-" Jess froze and stared at my hand. "He didnt."

I grinned at her and started nodding. "He did." Jess started jumping up and down and was squealing like a 5 year old.

"Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh! When is it going to be?" I silently thanked her for not saying wedding but still grinned.

"Whenever I want, which is probably going to be soon so Im not too big on my wedding day." She grinned at me.

"Well we got some planning to do! And we need to tell Zachy!" Jess was so excited that I just laughed instead of replying. We walked into the school and she ran to Zach's locker where he was every morning.

"Guess what?" Jess said literally bouncing when she got to Zach. He looked highly amused but went along with it anyway.

"What?"

"Our little Ricki is getting married!" Zach froze and then snapped his head towards me. I put out my hand to show him the ring and his mouth dropped.

"Well look, the bell is about to ring and I dont need everyone knowing Im getting married, so look we can meet after school at my apartment. I know you guys have afterschool stuff so just meet me there and we can start planning.

We agreed and walked to first period. when we arrived, there was a new girl standing by the teacher's desk. The bell rang and the class settled down.

"Okay class, I want you to meet our new student Hazel Franklin. Ms. Franklin, you can sit by Erica." I waved so that she knew where to come and she sat down next to me. Zach likes to sit behind us so he was right behind me and Jess was on my left.