Chapter 12

Daniel's POV:

Something is wrong. Erica keeps saying she's fine but I know something is wrong. Sometimes I catch her throwing up in the toilet in the middle of the night then crying herself back to sleep. It hurts my heart that she wont come to me with whatever proble, shes having.  I think shes pregnant.

All the signs are there. She throws up all the time. She's constantly in the bathroom and her clothes are fitting a little more snug than usual. I just need her to tell me. Does she think Im going to be mad or something?

I heard Erica throwing up again and I couldnt help it. I got out of the bed and went to the bathroom. I pulled her hair away from her face and rubbed her back. I hated seeing her in such a fragile state. She finished throwing up so I helped her stand then handed her the tooth brush. She brushed her teeth and went back to the bed.

"Baby girl, are you going to school today?" She nodded and closed her eyes and took deep breaths. I desperatley wanted her to tell me what was wrong.

"Ari, whats wrong with you? And dont say some stomach bug because I know it isnt true." She looked panicked for a second before she answered.

"Its nothing for you to worry about right now." I got angry with her. Why wont she tell me what wrong with her? Cant she see that its messing with me too? She cant notice the bags forming under my eyes from the lack of sleep from worrying about her?

"Fine." I snapped. She looked momentarily shocked. "Im getting ready for work." I said with no emotion. I got in the shower and mentally cursed myself. SHe hasnt told me for a reason and now Im acting like a complete a**hole. I dont know why I did that. I got out of the shower and got dressed in silence. Damn my stubborness. I walked out of the room and my heart nearly broke when I heard sobs coming from our bedroom.

I drove to school like a zombie and walked into the building with a blank face on. I gnored every greeting and ignored Anna's flirts. I sat down in my office and hit my mentally kicked myself. How could I? My baby girl is strong and for her to cry hurts my hurt especially when Im the cause of those tears.

Im just being an inconsiderate jerk. I know I am. Im going to fix it later on today. When we go home Im going to have apologize to her.

***

Sixth period has arrived. My fovorite class of the day. She walks in without a single glance my way and I know I pissed her off big time. Jess scowls at me and I sigh. I deserve it. All of it. I sit at my desk and rub my face.

"Look, today Im not in the mood for anything so I just want you to read the textbooks and answer the questions at the end of section 4." Everyone seemed okay with that. "Ms.Lane can you help me get the books?"

"No I cant sir. Why dont you ask someone else today?" Everyone froze and I looked wide eyes at Erica. I made her this mad?

"Look Ms.Lane if you didnt want to do it, you didnt have to say it in such a sarcastic tone." I said back.

"And you dont have to be a condescending jerk." SHe stood up abruptly and stormed out of the classroom but I still caught the tears.

"Jessica, go now." She nodded and ran after Erica. Everyone looked confused and shocked so I called on some random jock to help me. They started their work and I stepped into my office and called Kane.

"Hello?"

"Kane, I screwed up this morning. Ari was sick again and she wouldnt tell me what was wrong so I got mad and I ignored her. I made her cry and shes pissed at me. Please help me." I pleaded. I was desperate. This girl meant so much to me and I hated to have problems with her.