Chapter 27

Winter break. FInally, its time for Christmas with Danny and my new family. Of course my family is going to be there too though. For once Im going to forget. Forget my mother, Ms. Fender, Dr.Williams, Melanie, everything. Im just going to have fun with my family and enjoy the holidays.

"Ready to go?" I did my mental checklist again. Toothbrush? Check. Deoderant? Check. Gifts? Check.

"Yup. Are you ready?" I asked teasing Danny. I saw him look up and I knew he was doing the mental checklist like I just did. We are too much alike. I laughed at Danny and put my bag on my shoulder. I turned to leave the room when I felt the bag slip off my shoulder.

"No heavy things." I sighed at Danny. Im not fragile!

'The bag wasn't even heavy!" I pouted like a little kid, crossed my arms and stomped my foot. "Its not fair." Danny laughed and shook his head.

"I dont think I have ever met a girl who complained because someone was carrying her things for her." When he put it like that it did sound pretty weird. I sighed and started walking down the stairs. we got downstairs and I went to the kitchen. I was always hungry but only for granola and peanut butter. Not pickles anymore. Weird, right? I grabbed my granola bar and walked out to the car. I tried to walk as fast as possible so that I could get out of the cold. I got into Danny's car and sighed in content. The car was warm and Dann had even turned on the butt warmer for me! A minute later Danny sat down and closed his door fast. "It's freezing outside." I nodded my head in agreement.

"So Danny, what did you buy for everyone?" He went Christmas shopping when I went Christmas shopping with Jess. When I came home, all I saw was a pile of gifts already wrapped. He is just too fast with everything!

"Im not telling you." I groaned in frustration. I hated suprises, well except for Christmas or birthdays. But this Christmas was an exception and Im really impatient, I needed to know! 

"Sorry babe, but Im not telling you anything. Just wait the 3 days like everyone else." Yes, three very long days. Me and Danny decided to come a little later than everyone else. We wanted some alone time for the break before we saw the family. We pulled into the drive way and Danny got the bags out of the trunk. I walked to the door and rang the door bell. I heard footsteps and Mason opened the door.

"Hey Erica, how's it going?" Mason pulled me into an awkaward hug, because of my belly, then ushered me in and gave Danny a man hug. I walked down the hallway and into the living room where everyone was.

"Hey guys!" Everyone turned to us and got up to greet us. First Lainey jumped up and hugged me hard. She almost knocked me over which earned her a glare from Danny. Hazel and Zach came over. Hazel hugged me and Zach kissed my forehead. Then Kane and Jess hugged me at the same time then moved on to Danny. Then Lydia and Brandon came and hugged me lightly.

"Oh my, your stomach is just growing and growing." I could tell Lydia was excited about being a grrandmother soon. I smiled at her and looked down at my stomach. It was trult getting bigger and bigger, especially since I was almost 5 months. I sat down on the couch and watched the movie with the rest of the family. We were watching Snow White and the Huntsman. The movie just came out! How they have it on DVD is a mystery to me. Danny came and sat down next to me and kissed my cheek. I smiled at him and pecked his lips. His eyes darkened and I put my finger to his lips. I knew that look and I did not want to end up having a make out session in front of Danny's parents.

"Later." I whispered to Danny. My lips brushed his ear and I felt him shiver. I loved how I had that effect on him. 

"I can hardly wait." Danny whispered back in a husky voice. I looked down and noticed his pants were getting tighter and tighter as time went on. I put my feet in his lap to block it from view and gave Danny an amused look. Danny mouthed 'thank you' and started rubbing my legs. The movie finished and Danny had calmed down but his hand massaging my leg made me tired. I was fighting to keep my eyes open and I fought a yawn, but the yawn won.