January 6th, 2018. Part. 1

Alfred woke up and stretched. He looked at himself in the mirror and sighed.

He was barley smiling anymore. And sometimes when he did, it was fake.

But most of the nations in the world didn't realize that. He didn't realize it, but his family did

Alfred looked down at his stomach. He didn't see a dangerously skinny stomach.

He saw a fat, overweight one.

Alfred sighed, his family had been making sure he ate and didn't cut. They knew and he knew it.

He was such a burden.

Maybe it would be better if that burden disappeared.....

America shook his head and headed to the shower. He got ready for the day and headed to the living room.

"Morning Alfie!!" He turned to see his cheery younger sister, Washington State.

He forced a smile, "Hey Wash."

His sister saw right through it, "Alfie..... you won't tell us what's wrong. You're not okay. Please talk to us."

She was right. Alfred wasn't okay.

At all.

"We love you," Washington said before hugging her brother.

We all can admit that, that was sweet and all.

But too bad Alfred didn't believe her.

He couldn't believe her.

In truth, he wanted to. But couldn't..... 
After all, she was lying. They all were, he knew it.

"They don't care," Confederacy said in his head.

I know.

Washington sighed, her brother wasn't hugging back. Something was wrong with her brother. He seemed emotionless nowadays. But one thing that really got to her were his eyes.

They use to have a sparkle.

Now they were dull and looked like  they were filled with pain.

Washington pullled back and looked at America who was staring at the wall.

"Let's go have breakfast," she felt her brother tense up.

"Um.... I'm not hungry Rosaline."

He was such a burden on them. They always felt like they had to watch him.

"Alfie, you should eat."

"You should," another voice said.

They looked to see Brazil.

"Braz I'm not-" His older cousin cut him off.

"You need to eat. Look Al, we know something is wrong and it hurts to see you like this. Let us help you."

America just looked straight at him, "I'm fi-"

"No, you're not."

"I'm gonna go out for a run," He said heading for the door.

"Eat some toast first," Brazil said firmly, giving him a look.

America sighed, when his older cousins got like this. There was no room left for arguing.

He walked into the kitchen where most of his younger siblings and some cousins were and forced himself to eat some bread.

He ignored their worried looks.

When he was finished, he looked at them, "I'm going for a run," He walked out.

After America left the house, everyone looked at each other. With everything happening to Alfred, they didn't trust him alone.

They all knew what he could do alone.

"I'll follow him," Canada spoke up.

"I'm coming with," Chile and Argentina also said at the same time.

They walked to the door and headed out.