June 18th, 2018 Pt. 2

Ecuador and Canada were the first to wake. Well, Ecuador was the oldest of South America and Canada was the oldest of North so they were used to it.

Both immediately headed down to Maria's room. They had only spent an hour with her yesterday since it was pretty late and they wanted her to get some rest.

She had asked them last night if Alfred was still there and it had been heartbreaking to tell her he left. She didn't believe that he wouldn't be back, she thought he would come soon. And there was no changing her mind.

They entered the room and were both pretty surprised at the sight.

Alfred and Maria were both asleep together in the bed.

"He came back," Canada said. Ecuador only smiled. Alfred than started to stir in his sleep and soon fully opened his eyes. He looked around a bit before his eyes landed on his cousin and brother.

He didn't know what to say, he opened his mouth to speak but felt tears fill up his eyes and quickly closed it.

He just sadly stared at them. I'm sorry.

 They smiled back. We know.

Canada suddenly felt the need to walk closer to his twin.

He did.

He walked over to the chair next to the bed where he was met with a hug. He hugged back and the twins just held each other. 

Alfred started felt tears start to pour as he held his older brother. He wanted to speak but more tears only fell. Canada just nodded.

"I know."

Ecuador came closer, "We're here for you. All of us. Please believe that." He ruffled his younger cousin's hair.

He nodded, "I do."

"I told you he was coming back," A voice said, they all turned to an awake Maria. 

"You were right," Her oldest brother smiled, "Did we wake you?"

She shook her head, "I just got up. And I'm really hungryyyy." She looked at Alfred.

He smiled, "That's right, I told her that I might get her food. Since she doesn't want, quote, 'boring hospital food'."

Ecuador nodded, "Well, we're checking you out today. So you'll get something to eat."

The door opened again and they all turned to see Venezuela and Diego walk in. When they saw Alfred, they stopped.

"Hey Maska," Venezuela smiled at him. He was back.

"Hey," He smiled back.

Diego came forward and hugged his brother. Alfred of course hugged back. 

"You're staying right?" Diego asked hopefully.

"Yeah," He nodded at his brother, "I promise." 

 As time went on, the rest of their family came in. They laughed, talked, cried, smiled, and hugged. 

To the world, the Americas were a close happy big family. But they forget, every family has their problems. It can either break them or make them stronger.  

And these guys had gotten stronger.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"But sir, I do think it's appropriate to keep her in for another night," A nurse told Brazil.

He shook his head, "Nope. My cousin will be fine in the care of my family."

We've been through a lot together and now we're stronger than ever. We can take another challenge.