June 18th, 2018 Pt. 3

"Al, you ready to go?" Brazil called out.

Alfred hurried to the front door along with Chile and Canada, "Yeah, let's go."

It was now 6pm. They were all heading to the hotel where nations were staying for the meeting to pack up Alfred's things, check him out, and meet up with Portugal. 

You would think that after being so distant with his family, it would be pretty hard and awkward for Alfred to fit back in and for them to pick back up from where they left off.

Not for these guys. None of them forgot about what they had all been through the past few months, but they chose not to let the past interfere with the present. 

Past is the past and the present is now.

And right now, Alfred was back and that was all that mattered. They would help him recover little by little. They had all noticed him not eat that much of the food that had been bought for breakfast today.  

The four headed out to the car and after a 10 minute Brazilian Song singalong with the radio, they headed into the hotel.

The other three had all noticed the change in Alfred's behavior as soon as they walked in, he seemed a bit fearful. And they all knew of what. 

Or whom.

Not even  16 seconds after they walked in, England and France approached the four.

"Brazil, Chile, Matthew," England nodded, he than looked straight at America. 

France smirked at him and opened his mouth to say something, "A-"

"Sorry guys, but whatever bull you're about to say to my baby brother will not be allowed to please kindly fuck off," Canada said in a very polite tone. He grabbed Alfred's hand and walked  him to the elevator.

Brazil and Chile were cracking up while following their younger cousins, leaving behind a very shocked England and France.

Of course, Alfred was also shocked at this too. In fact, the shock was still on his face as they got into the elevator with a still laughing Brazil and Chile.

Canada was fuming. He was sick of England and France's crap. They and others had the nerve to insult his brother in meetings and right in front of him!?!

Fuck no.

Alfred, once recovered from his shock, sent his brother a grateful smile. Canada smiled back, he got the message, "Anytime little brother."

"Bitches these days," Chile said shaking his head.

They all shared a laugh as the elevator made it to Alfred's floor, Alfred moved quickly hopeful to avoid a nation he wasn't on good terms with. He let out a breath of relief once he made it to his door and quickly opened it.

The other three all took note of this and looked at each other. Something had to be done about those bullies. They hated seeing him like this.

America hadn't brought much, only things enough for a week long meeting, so packing up was pretty quick. They headed out once more but this time to Portugal's room. Brazil had been texted the number from his father.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Hey old man," was the first thing Braz said when his father opened the door.

He received a knock on the head as he walked in, "Heyyyy," He whined, rubbing his head as Portugal rolled his eyes. But you could also see a smile on his face.

"Hey Portugal," Canada said as they walked.

"Canada, America, Chile," he nodded, "How have you all been?" He asked with what looked like a worried expression, his eyes also lingered on Alfred for awhile.

"Fine," All four boys immediately said together.

Portugal didn't believe that and they knew it. 

"So how'd the meeting go?" Brazil asked quickly changing the subject but knowing they would all be asked about the what they were trying to avoid later.

Portugal explained everything, it honestly sounded like a pretty productive meeting. Brazil really wasn't surprised that his father had taken charge and kept everyone one track the entire time.

Germany must have been grateful. 

And he was grateful for Portugal not asking for an explanation of their absence. 

After thanking his father. They all got ready to leave but stopped when Portugal started to speak again. 

"If you all need anything at all. I'm here. Even if it's just to talk."

Canada smiled, "We know."

"I mean it," He said seriously, "Lately... you all have been seeming very.... stressed... I know everything's not okay. I won't pry into why you weren't here but please remember what I said," He was looking at them with what looked like.....

Fatherly concern? 

Alfred had barely ever got that look. He than just wanted to stay and tell Portugal everything. But he wasn't his son.

Brazil could do that but not him.

They all nodded, "Thanks again Papa!!" Brazil said as they headed out. 

"Alfred," America was about to walk out the door but turned when he heard his name called, "Yes?"

Portugal came over and ruffled his hair, "I saw the look in your eyes. Don't doubt it, I meant what I said," He smiled, "Whatever I'll do for Brazil, I'll do the same for you all."

America nodded and turned to walk out the door.

"By the way, I'm looking forward to seeing you all later this week. Have a good night."

Alfred once again gave a nod, "You too." He walked out the room and join his cousins and brother. 

 He wanted to think back to what Portugal had said. But didn't want to build up hope, all men but one who he had looked up to as father figures had hurt him.

He didn't want that to happen again. He didn't want to be disappointed again.

If that happened, there was a chance it would break him

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

After getting back to the house, movies were watched, jokes were told, and games had been played. Alfred laughed so much more than he had in a long time.

Currently, Maria, who was in a wheelchair for precaution, was being wheeled to a bedroom on the ground floor of Brazil's house. She was trying to argue that she wasn't tired when clearly.

She was.

Alfred kissed her cheek goodnight as Diego wheeled her off.  Soon him and a few others headed up to bed too.

Before he walked into his room, Paraguay walked up to him and smiled, "It's good to have you back Al."

He smiled at his cousin and nodded before walking into the room. He set his stuff down and looked around. He felt tears build up.

"It's good to be back."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Well this was rushed.