June 18th, 2018 Pt. 1

At 12AM, Alfred F. Jones busted into the hospital again. But this time for a different purpose. 

He ran into the waiting room and saw his family asleep in the waiting room. They probably already saw Maria. He went to the front desk where a woman smiled at him.

"Um.. what room is Maria Valdez Martinez in?" He asked politely.

"Let me just check," She looked at a clipboard, "Room 196," She answered.

Alfred thanked her and quickly ran down the hallway to his sister's room. He entered the room, which was almost fully dark expect for a lamp on a nightstand, and saw her turned on her side. He felt his heart break. 

Why couldn't they switch places?

As he walked closer to the bed, Maria started to move. He quickly stopped moving, afraid that he was gonna wake her up. But even with that, Maria kept moving. He heard groans of pain as his sister, who was actually awake, turned onto her other side. 

The side facing him.

He rushed to her, to help her get a bit more situated and comfortable.

"You came back," She smiled at him as he sat down in the chair next to her, "I told them you would. They didn't believe me, but I knew you would. I stayed up to wait for you. I knew you would be back."

That stung. His family didn't think he would come back.

Alfred noticed how much of a mess his baby sister's hair was. He started to brush it back to try and get it a little neater. America than noticed the pillow behind Maria's back.

"I'm so sorry," He whispered, "I'm so so sorry," He kissed Maria's forehead. She nodded and leaned into his shoulder.

"I don't blame you Big Brother," She said softly, "It's my fault we fell anyway."

Alfred gently pulled her chin up so she was looking at him, "No, don't ever say that. It's my fault. I listened to..... him and others..... and got you hurt." He carefully hugged her, "I'm so sorry Mexi."

"It's not your fault either, it's everyone who hurt you," She said, "Stop listening to them. Stop listening to him. Listen to us," She looked up at him, "Please." 

He swore he heard her voice crack.

"We miss you," She simply said as she leaned back into his shoulder. But as she said that he heard something else.

Please come back.

He heard Maria whimper and hold onto him, "We all thought we were losing you..... We almost did."

"I missed you guys too, I'm here now to stay. I'm not going anywhere, I promise."

I will.

The two stayed together in the almost dark, silent room. They sat in comfortable silence with each other.

Because that was enough.

After about 40 minutes passed, Alfred started to get up, "I should let you sleep now."

Maria held onto his wrist, "Stay."

"Mar, you need your sp-"

"Please Big Brother?" She asked hopefully.

I don't want you to leave again. 

He couldn't help up nod, and carefully moved her to the side before extra carefully sliding in next to her. 

I won't.

She had gotten the message and smiled.

As soon as he was settled in, he felt Maria snuggle into him and lay her head onto his chest. He kissed her forehead and they talked about anything and everything.  

"I really want some chicken or stew," She whined, "But they only have boring hospital food here."

He chuckled at her, she was so adorable. "Well, this is a hospital Mar, of course they have that."

She pouted, "Well, maybe later in the morning..... you can get me some real food."

He smiled, "I'll see if that can be arranged. Now you need to go to sleep."

She tiredly nodded, "I know. And you're gonna stay with me." She looked him straight in the eye.

"I promise," He said as he carefully wrapped a protective arm around his baby sister and kissed her cheek.

I'm so sorry for everything. 

Maria smiled at him again before peacefully closing her eyes and snuggling into his chest.

I know. 

 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

This story has really taken a turn and Staring New is gonna have another appearance from Russia very soon btw.

And I know we all remember his last appearance.