July 29th, 2018 Pt. 1

Due to the lateness of many countries' arrivals, the start of the meeting had been postponed for the next day. 

Jamaica was being supported by El Salvador and Belize as she dragged herself into the breakfast area. 

Many of the western countries looked hungover. Which was understandable considering the fact that they had a huge party on their floor.

It was amazing.

Jamaica laughed as she, Trinidad, Tobago, and Grenada sat next to Dominica and Dominican Republic, "We're doing that again tonight." 

DR rolled her eyes, "Of course we are, why wouldn't we?"

Dominica laughed, "Be nice." 

Grenada took a mango out of nowhere, "We're going to be calm and collective during the meeting, alright? But than after the meeting..." She started to get a look in her eyes.

Dominica and Tobago rolled their eyes as the other four nations broke into laughter.

Brazil walked in looking as relaxed as ever, he had a great time last night. He wished the party could have gone on forever. It really reminded him of Rio.

His family followed him in. Some of them looked slightly hungover. 

Alfred walked next to him, "Did we really have to stop partying to come to a meeting? We're all only running on 3 hours of sleep anyway."

Brazil stretched, "The power of partying is sadly almost always stopped by the evil force of killjoy meetings. But we'll avenge it soon."

Argentina started jogging to get some seats, "And next time we'll only be running on one hour of sleep!!"

"Yes!!" A nearby Cayman Islands agreed.

 Maria saw the Nordics as they sat in their seats and turned away before she could make eye contact with one of them. She sighed, it wasn't until a little while later that she realized what Finland had called her.

And more importantly, what she had called him.

Was it wrong that it felt so right?

She wished that she could call her mother- Finland that more. But he didn't even know that she remembered and besides, did she just walk up to them and tell them she knew everything?

Diego nudged her, "You're thinking about yesterday......  Do you want to tell them?"

She quickly shook her head, "Nah, maybe it's for the best if I don't for now." Or ever.

The twins didn't notice Finland staring at them lovingly, damn his missed his children so much. 

He just wanted to hug them but how would they react? Would they push him away? Maybe Maria called him 'Aiti' just out of habit from the past.

He didn't know.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The countries started to pile into the meeting room. 

America smiled at Belgium, who waved at them, but than frowned when he saw England. Surprisingly, this was the first time he had saw the Englishman since the meeting started.

It took awhile for him to realize that England was walking towards him. 

Once he did realize it, he turned away and started to walk to his seat. He was hoping that England would leave him alone, he felt like in a way, he couldn't take England anymore.

"Alfred," He heard him say.

"Arthur," He heard another voice say     

"Belgium, I'm trying to talk to America."

"Yes, but may I please talk to you first?"

"I know what you're doing."

"And I know what you're trying to do."

"......."

"Don't even try to lie Arthur," He heard Portugal join in.

England sighed and looked straight at America, he was about to say something when he saw India and Cameroon staring at him. 

They were daring him.

He had no time for this, they were all turning his children against him. What the heck? He balled his fists and went to sit back down in his seat.

"You should give it a rest, you know."

"I don't see why you did," He said back to Spain.

The other nation sighed, "I did because I realized I was wrong and saw how wrong I was. We hurt children Arthur. That's just completely unexpectable."

"They're turning your children against you, Spain."

"No, they're not. They're helping my chil- my former colonies realize how terrible I was to them. I deserve this. They're not turning against me, they're realizing everything and I'm finally paying the price for it."

England gave him a look, "You're own brother is taking some of your children away from you," They looked at Portugal who debating on something with Argentina and Ecuador.

"No he isn't. He's showing them how a parent is suppose to be like. He's healing the damage we created. He's a good father, he loves them, I can see it. He cares for his own children and them at the same time. We had our chance and we blew it. The consequences for what we did are finally catching up to us."

England scowled and shook his head, he really didn't appreciate this. "The Nordics left children alone. That's not our fault."

"Yes, you're right about that but we is our fault is the fact that we took the children without their consent."

Spain really gave up, hadn't he?

"How can you just give up like this?"

"I know what I did and nothing can change it. If my children, they preferred to be called my former colonies now, if they can't forgive me and I know they won't, I won't blame them. They're all stronger than we know especially North America. If the roles were reversed, I don't know what I would have done."

England saw the Nordics glaring at him and glared back.

Screw them.

He turned to North America, none of them would listen to him. Nobody would listen to him.

Wait, he looked at Maria. She was looking at the Nordics, maybe she would hear him out.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I promise nothing bad will happen guys.