March 24th, 2018

Alfred and stood in the streets with over 800,000 teens, parents, teachers, and children.

D.C. had left eariler than him for the march but was there too.

"Never again!! Never again!!!!" He chanted with them.

It was amazing.

He felt the pain of every school shooting. He felt the pain the victims and their families felt.

It broke his heart. But now...

But now.

It was coming.

Change was coming.

This generation was making a difference. And a big one too.

They were making their voices heard and he was proud.

People were hugging each other, crying, and chanting.

Alfred felt tears come to his eyes. He tried wiping them off but they were only replaced by new ones.

It shouldn't have gotten to the point where schools now have metal detectors and students had to have clear and mesh bookbags. And to the point where kids were afraid to go to school.

Or to the point to where teachers knew how many kids could fit in a cabinet or closet to hide from a gunman.

It shouldn't have gotten to the point where tornado shelters in schools were being used to hide from bullets.

Or to the point to where elementary school kids, little babies who had just gotten out of diapers a few years ago, were killed by a gunman.

In school.

Or to the point where colleges and concerts and highschools and nightclubs and military bases were shot up.

With weapons that were used for  battle.

But now change was coming.

The vibration of his phone snapped America out of his thoughts. He picked it up.

Australia.

"Jett?"

"Hey Al, just want you to know. We're marching in solidarity over here. Gun violence needs to stop. I noticed you been seeming bit stressed lately. I also want to say, if you want to talk anytime. I'm here. Later brother."

Brother.

He looked at the missed text messages and started to cry even more.

March and Diego and his Mexican siblings were marching in the southern states. While Canada and his Canadian siblings were marching in the Northern states.

His South American cousins were  marching in South America in solidarity.

A few of his other siblings texted them that they stood with him in solidarity even if their countries weren't marching.

There weren't just protests in America. The world was doing it too.

"They do care," He whispered.

No they do-

"Shut up," He fiercely told Confederacy.

They did, his family, those who actually cares, all of them who he pushed away. They all did.

Alfred fell to his knees and cried.

A woman next to him kneeled down and hugged him, "It's coming, change is coming," She said.

He nodded, "I know, it finally is," He sobbed.

He looked at his new tattoo on his wrist and kept sobbing.

As he looked at those words, it filled him with hope that it would be true.

Never Again.