4

I sat down in the bed yawning as I finished tying my boots as someone knocked on my door.

"Coming." I said as I stood and opened the door.

"Oh hello Ser Arthur." I said to the man with short cropped hair and dark eyes with a hand always on the hilt of his sword.

"Hello Lady Visenya. I just wanted to make sure you were awake. We'll be docking very shortly." He said as I stretched.

"Yes then we'll have days worth of riding ahead of us." I said as I grabbed my sword belt and tied it around my waist. He gave me a smile as I heard some screams.

"Stay here." Ser Arthur said as Leonard and Cooper exited their cabins as well. They were dressed and alert with their swords shining in the fire light.

I followed the three towards the deck as the screams became more prominent. People were being butchered by pirates. People tried to run but they would be stabbed in the back.

Ser Arthur quickly went into action and started cut down the pirates. Cooper and Leonard went after him. I emerged from below to see the ship ablaze.

I panicked as I thought about my horse, Autumn. I raced over to the stables to see that they were burning. I took out my sword and released the horses as they sped past me.

In the mess of horses being released someone spun me around. I was about to swing my sword but I felt a sharp blade pierce my abdomen. He took out the dagger and stabbed me again and again for a total of three times. He did it so quickly. I stared into his twinkling eyes.

He gave me a large smile as I swung my sword again but a sword emerged from his throat. He looked at me surprised as the sword retracted and he fell to his knees.

"My lady." Ser Arthur said as I looked down to my stomach. My shirt stuck to my skin.

"He stabbed me." I breathed out to him.

"Put your sword away." He said as he grabbed my hand and pressed it to my stomach.

"Here." He said ripping his own shirt as embers fell on us as he tied it around my wounds.

"We need to jump overboard." He said as he led me out of the burning stables.

"Cooper? Leonard?" I asked

"They jumped already." He said

"What about Autumn?" I asked

"Cooper has Autumn. They're swimming to shore." He said as we reached the side of the boat.

I looked towards the coast as I could hear the bells ringing. The ship was ablaze. And it was going down. Ser Arthur helped me stand on the edge as he held my hand.

"Do you trust me?" He asked as I nodded. I didn't look at him. I looked towards the people swimming in the water.

"Jump." He said as we both jumped into the icy water. Like thousands of needles poking at my skin. I let go of Arthur's hand as I kicked up.

I emerged on the surface gasping for air as my teeth chattered.

"Come on!" He yelled as he began to swim towards shore. The night had turned into dawn. With the first rays of the sun shining. I willed myself to swim to shore.

It wouldn't be fair for Ser Arthur to swim with my body as well. My arms were heavy. My fingers numb. My breath was visible in the early morning.

When we finally reached the shore. I didn't stand. I dragged my self just enough so that I wouldn't drown in the waves.