11

"Are you nervous?" Rhaenyra asked beside me.

"No, now be quiet." I hissed at her as we traveled in the dark.

Ser Arthur had suggested we rest for the night and travel at first light. But Winterfell was so close that I declined the offer.

We could see the torches on the high walls of Winterfell. Its guards patrolling the area. The castles inhabitants most likely asleep or near it.

Balerion and Cobalt skirted ahead of us. Sniffing and keeping their ears open.

"Open the gates!" Someone yelled from atop as the gates slowly but surely creeked open in the breeze.

We trotted into the courtyard as a stable boy took our horses.

I looked at the castle and took a deep breath as Balerion ever so faithful sat next to me as she too stared ahead.

"Go inside Lady Visenya rest." Ser Arthur said

"You should do the same as well Ser Arthur." I repeated back as he gave a small nod and began to walk away.

"Ser Arthur!" I called as he stopped walking and turned back.

"Thank you." I said as he gave a small smile and continued walking until he disappeared.

"Well let's go inside shall we? I'm feeling a bit hungry why don't we leave our stuff and meet back in the kitchens?" Rhaenyra asked as she held her bags.

"Agreed." I said as we parted going down different hallways.

Balerion bounded down a different hall leaving me alone to make the trek up to my chamber with the little belongings that I had accumulated over the past six months.

I entered my room to see that it had been recently clean. I was still standing there at the doorway when I heard soft footsteps come up the stairs.

I looked to see a servant girl carrying a bucket of water in one hand and a mound of candles in the other. I left my things by the door and went to help her.

"Oh mi'lady! Please there's no need." She said as I took the bucket.

"Its no problem." I said

"Lady Rhaenyra sent me." She said in a small voice as she looked down and stopped at my doorway.

"It's alright." I said as I realized that she was waiting for my confirmation to enter.

She immediately went to work putting up the candles as I emptied the bucket of water in the basin in the corner of the room before I started the fire.

"Is there anything else I can help you with mi'lady?" She asked as I shook my head.

"No no that will be all thank you." I said dusting off my hands and rising to my full height. She scurried off without another word as I let out a small laugh.

The next morning I woke up to the beginnings of the singing of the birds. The fire had died down and only smoldering embers lay in the ash waiting to be re awoken. One wrong breeze and the embers awaken anew with a newfound sense of strength ready to be tamed or lay siege to anything in its path.

I rolled over and stretched before standing up in a bit of a daze. I went to the corner of the room and washed my face ridding my self of the remaining sleep.

I dried myself off and sat down in front of my vanity. The early morning light filtered in the room as I combed my hair and braided it in a single large plait. The bells already interlaced in the hair.