33

In the days that followed there was not much one could do other than wait. Bran still lay broken in his feathered bed. His eyes closed taking shallow breaths.

Aunt Catelyn had refused to leave his side since the day of his fall. Not returning to her room once. And what meals she did decided to eat she took in there.

And because of that she neglected her other children. I had to keep Arya from running wild, and Sansa from running with her fancies. And poor little Rickon clung to my legs like a scared little pup.

But I was thankful for my brothers with helping with the children. Aegon and Daemon has taken Rickon to show him some new wolf pups that had just been born a few days ago.

Astrid watched over Arya while Rhaenyra kept Sansa in her view.

Unfortunately with Bran falling from the tower a sad spell had fallen all over Winterfell. Summer snows fell at night and the wolves howled loudly. This had taken a turn for the Kings which he did not particularly like at all so he had decided to cut his stay short.

And with him would leave most of my family. As I had predicted Uncle Ned would be traveling south with the kings party as he had accepted the position of Hand Of The King. And since this news had reached my ears Uncle Ned has done his upmost to avoid me. Knowing that I would be extremely upset.

But even in grand Winterfell you could never truly avoid someone forever. I had been practicing archery when Uncle Ned walking into the courtyard. He couldn't walk away seeing as I had already seen him.

I could see him sigh as his shoulders sagged a bit before he straightened himself out and walked towards me as I turned away.

"Visenya, I'm sure you have heard the news."

"What news?" I asked innocently as I nocked another arrow and released it towards the target.

"Visenya." He warned seeing as he had no patience for sarcasm at the moment. Not with everything that was going on.

"You promised me that you weren't going to go south!" I told him as he closed his eyes and hung his head as he took a few steps away from me.

"I could not say no to the king."

"Yes you could have. You could have said "thank you your grace for the honor you have bestowed upon me but I must decline seeing as my place is here in the north" there simple." I told him as he stood next to my target practice.

"It is easy to say but hard to do." He said as I nocked another arrow and released it quickly as my uncle moved out of the way.

I breathed harshly as I gripped my bow tightly my arms still positioned as if I still had an arrow waiting to be released

"Your place is here. In the North. Arya belongs in the North. Sansa belongs in the North.