22

A few months had passed since my sisters letter. I was nearing the end of my pregnancy but still had some ways to go. My belly was large and round. The warm halls of Winterfell made me feel sick at times.

So I spent most of my time outside on the walls where the cold northern breezes could reach me. I oversaw the training of the men who everyday grew stronger. They moved as one.

They trained atop of their horses as if practicing an intricate dance narrowly missing each other by a cats hair.

Inside of the castle walls Jon continued to train with Harald. Both were full of bruises but didn't seem to mind.

And just as Aegon had promised me the fifty men which he saw the most potential in grew.

"A gift for you my sister." He said every day as fifty new men would walk to another encampment to begin a more rigorous training.

I looked down at my brothers from on top of the walls envious that they were down there. Training. While I was on top of the wall as if I was a part of the nights watch. Ever vigilant.

I watched the stone masons carted large stone away building a large stable for the direwolves. They were getting too large and too many to be sleeping in the castle. Winterfell had more than one hundred direwolves. Or 177 direwolves to be exact as my uncle had told me weeks ago.

I watched as a rider come barreling through the flanks pushing his horse to go faster.

"Open the gates." I told the guard next to me as he yelled down. I moved away down towards the stairs into the courtyard as the rider was escorted inside at once.

Balerion rose to her feet and came to stand next to me.

"Let's go to our room Balerion. Let's finish sorting the clothes for the babe." I said as we walked inside together.

It didn't take us long for us to reach my room. A cradle had been put in the corner for the mean time.

Everything was just about ready. The only thing left was to separate the heavy linens from the light and the actual birth.

Almost immediately as I sat down there was slight knock on the door.

"Enter." I called out as Misty smiled as she closed the door behind her.

"Oh my lady I told you to let me do this." She said as she grabbed a chair to sit in front of me taking most of the clothes from my hands.

"I know you did. But I must keep myself busy. All I do is sit. My aunt Catelyn does not allow me to do needle work anymore because she fears that I'll use that to stab my brothers.

She doesn't even allow me to knit for the same reason as well as because I've knitted so many things there's a room full of it. I can't go out riding. I can't play with the wolves. I can't practice nor train the men." I complained as my list went on and on.

"Oh but my lady it will all be worth it in the end. You'll have your beautiful babe who will never grow cold. And you'll be training and practicing in no time." She assured as she neatly folded the linens.

"Misty." I called as she looked up at me with a soft smile.

"Yes?" She asked setting the clothes away in chests and closing them. Not to be opened until the birth of the babe.

"I've been having dreams." I began as she shook her head.

"No my lady. Don't you start." She said shaking her head and wagging a finger.

"But my dreams always come true." I said with a broken smile as my eyes welled up.

She stood up from her chair and came to my side.