15

*Aegon's P.o.V.*

The castle had been in an uproar for the past week. It seemed that every half hour we were all lined up outside greeting a new guest.

The Tyrells Of The Reach, the Martells Of Dorne, two Baratheons, a couple of Lannister's, the hand of the king Jon Arryn, Edmure Tully. The northern houses were the first to arrive.

The Umbers were ever quick to join a feast and drink themselves half to death. Then came the Manderlys who arrived with barrels of wine. From then it was a stream of houses and names that I could not keep up with.

Every corner I turned there was someone there. The Great Hall, the courtyard, the library, the kitchens, the stables, every hallway was full of people walking by trying to get to the other side of the castle. Winterfell was by far not a small castle. The only castle that far exceeds its size was the burned down Harrenhal.

Every Stark was busy entertaining the guests. Hunts were conducted every morning before the break of dawn. Some groups of high ranking ladies along with aunt Catelyn would leave Winterfell to have lunch picnics.

Aragorn, Daemon and Aemon had left earlier to hunt for the wedding. Daeron was completely enthralled with the Forresters. While Rhaenyra had become enamored with Lady Torvi Of house Velayron.

Rickon was with his wet nurse, Bran was in the inner wall by the battlements overlooking the inner courtyard. Jon was talking to Lady Torvi's seventeen year old son Harald.

Donavon was popular with the Northern lords and shared crude jokes with the Martells. He was sought after during every feast for the great fun he managed.

Servants ran around the castle carrying baskets of freshly cut flowers and finishing the last minutes details for the wedding that was to happen in the upcoming hours.

I stared at everyone from my window. Everyone seemed like small ants scurrying around. The top of the weirwood tree was barely visible from my room in the tower.

"Brother!" Daeron said excitedly barging into my room without so much as a single knock.

"Come in brother, please, thank you for knocking." I said not turning to him as he closed the door behind him.

"I've just come from Visenya's room." He said as I turned slightly.

"And how is she?"

"Great, She was just about to take a bath." He said as I nodded and gave the outside world my full attention once again.

"Brother I went to her for her permission in marrying Astrid." He said shaking my shoulders.

"And?"

"And she said yes! She called upon Uncle Ned and Lord Forrester they met in uncles study." He said

"And then?" I asked

"Well when Visenya wants something it's pretty hard to tell her no. We'll marry in a week." He said as I turned to look at him

"So quick? Brother...is she with child?" I asked as he punched my shoulder lightly

"No, not yet. It's best if we do it quickly. We already have everything. All the guests are here.

Visenya has already ordered the fifty seamstresses who were working on her dress to stay on another week. Astrid is already getting fitted for her dress." He said with a large smile.

"Congratulations brother." I said giving him a large hug.

"Thank you." He said clapping his large hands on my shoulders holding me at arms length