26

"I live with two sisters and a brother." Ross said as he opened the wooden door and let me pass first into the stone dwelling.

"Wait here please." He said leaving me by the entrance of the home as he ventured towards what might have been where they had their meals.

The house was fairly quiet and a bit dark. A small painting hung on the wall across from me as I stepped closer to inspect it.

It was a pastoral painting. The setting seemed familiar with cliffs and ocean below.

"My sister painted this." Ross said as he reappeared

"A great talent. One I do not possess." I said taking a few more seconds to look at the painting before turning to him. He held up a piece of bread on a platter. I took a small piece which was required of me to take.

I thanked him and ate the warm bread.

"Come my sisters are in the kitchen." He said with a nod of his head and walked away leaving me to walk after him.

The room he had disappeared in before was indeed where they ate. It had a small dining table. But it was also where they spent most of their time. As an assortment of seating was arranged around a large fireplace.

He led me through another hall which led to the kitchen. Where one girl sat down talking as another arranged plates.

"Girls this is our guest for the night. Enya these are my sisters Lucy and Victoria. Girls this is Enya." He introduced as they both gave a small bow of their heads. I return curtsied. The curtesy was not deep due to me having my swords at my side.

"I'll go look for Ivar he'll be out in the garden." Ross said leaving through the kitchen door.

"I hope you don't mind but we don't allow persons to be armed in our home. It's nothing personal it's just to avoid accidents." Lucy said with a smile.

"Of course, I don't mind at all." I said returning the smile.

I took off my bow and arrows from my back. The bow was made of polished white wood taken from a stump of a Weirwood tree from an abandoned castle. The bow had been a wedding gift from Uncle Ned.

I untied the belt from my waist which held the two ancient swords from my mothers house. I took the dagger that was hidden from view on my lower back. The handle was made of pearl and it's pommel had a single ruby. 

The refurbished axe which belonged to my father was heavy and sharp. Four throwing knives, and another two daggers hidden in my boots.

I handed everything off to Victoria who looked amazed at everything I had on. She left saying she would place them in my room.

"So you're under the employment of Lord Stark?" Lucy asked as she sat down.

"Yes ma'am." I answered simply as the smell of food reached me. The warmth of the kitchen was slowly lulling me to sleep.

"I've never met anyone with violet eyes." She said as she stared as me as I looked towards the flour covered table.

"No I would think not. I'm from the South." I said as she nodded.

"Oh." She replied simply

"I'm sorry but I seem to recall a wedding that happened a few years ago at Winterfell. But I don't seem to recall any of your going." I commented as she thought.

"Oh yes there were a series of wedding at Winterfell. We were invited but we were unable to attend." She said her smile falling from her face.

"Many women are being trained in Winterfell, why aren't you and your sister there?" I asked as she gave a small smile.