13

"Please don't scare her." Daeron begged of us as we stood in the courtyard with the rest of the Starks.

"We can not control others fear dear brother. If she happens to be scared of us so be it " Rhaenyra said

"Now now we will welcome her as part of the family." I said.

"Thank you Visenya." Daeron said standing in between Aragorn and Daemon as he was the fourth born.

"So how will we greet her? Will I walk up to her? Will she walk up to us? Will you introduce us?" I asked no one in particular

"We should have figured this out a while ago. Not as she's entering the courtyard." Aragorn said beside Daeron.

She trotted into the courtyard on a fine large dark brown horse. Her dark hair was braided nicely as her dark tattoos crept up on her neck.

She instantly smiled as her eyes landed upon Daeron.

"You need to walk up to her." Daeron said as she was preoccupied with getting off of her horse. I turned to him with a raised brow.

"You're the eldest." Daemon said as Astrid walked towards the Starks first. She had met them plenty of times before as Aegon had mentioned to me.

I eyed Sansa as she seemed to stare at Astrid's tattoos. I could almost hear her thoughts. A lady should not be marked as such. But Arya seemed in awe.

As she neared us I broke from the line a bit.

"Welcome to Winterfell Lady Astrid." I spoke to her as she bowed her head and curtsied.

"Thank you for having me my Lady Visenya." She said

"Call me Visenya." I said as she looked up to me and smiled. She was taller than I remembered. Taller than all of the Starks.

"Then it's only fair my lady if you call me Astrid." She said with a large smile. Her large green eyes surrounded by black kohl shined like emeralds in the sun.

"I hope your trip from Ironrath didn't take such a toll." I said

"No no it was a fairly short trip. I just wanted to arrive at Winterfell." she said as she turned slightly to Daeron.

"Well I welcome you to Winterfell. My home is yours." I said as she gave me a grateful nod.

"Thank you Visenya." She said before she greeted Aegon.

"She's nice isn't she?" Robb asked from beside me.

"Yes. Yes she is." I said as we stood there watching their departing figures as Daeron led Astrid away into the castle. Sansa had whisked Rhaenyra away.

"Very pretty as well." He commented

"Ay I'd fuck her if she'd have me. If only Daeron would let her out of his sight." Theon said as he came to a rest by Robb's other side.

"Is that all you think about?" I asked

"One of the main things yes. Sex and war. War and sex." He said as Aegon scoffed beside me.

"You've hardly been able to kill a fly." He said.

"Fine for your sake let's all pretend that you can fuck whoever you want without the need to pay. I doubt Astrid would ever stoop so low as to let you bed her." I said as Theon shifted feet and turned more towards me.

"Why wouldn't she? I'm Balon Greyjoy's only son. I'm set to be Lord Greyjoy of the Iron Islands. What will Daeron become? He's the fourth born child. A third son. He has as much chance of being Lord Stark of Winterfell as you have retaking the Iron Throne." Theon said as my brothers shifted slightly towards him.