29

A fortnight come and passed in a blur. There were so many things to be done that the days could not last long enough. Wagons trailed in day and night for the Kings Party was large. And they would last some time here in Winterfell.

Unfortunately for most of that time I was forced to be in bed. Uncle Ned wanted to make sure that I was recovered well enough to greet the king upon his arrival. 

Misty had helped me bathe in order not to rip my mostly healed stitches since there was a still a risk of tearing them open. She had brushed my hair until it gleamed like white gold. And secured my hair with golden pins with mini direwolf heads on top.

Misty was helping me dress in something other than the night dress I had been forced to wear for the past month. She tied the back of the dress before handing me my heavy cloak. I was tying it when the door opened.

I looked through the mirror to see Robb walking in. Misty looked at me through the mirror as I nodded for her to leave.

She left without another word as I finished dressing. I fixed the fur collar before he spoke.

"My mother wanted us to be clean shaven." He said as I turned slightly to look at him.

"You look younger." I said before turning around again and putting perfume on. I grabbed some earrings and proceeded to put them on.

"Jon has his hair cut as well." He continued as I "hm'ed" to show that I was listening

"And well you know how much Jon loves his hair."

"Never met someone who loves their hair as much as him." I said as I could hear him undressing and entering the bath.

"You should hurry, the King will be arriving shortly." I said standing from the mirror and fixed my cloak around me.

"You look nice." He said looking at me. I gave him a small smile.

"This was mostly Misty's work." I said simply clasping my hands before me.

"Well I should go, Uncle Ned wanted to see my brothers and I to talk to us." I said and left the room without another word.

I felt like I should have said something else to him. But every time we were in the same room together my mind drew blanks. I knew he was trying to be more civil with me but the fact that he was only acting this way came only at the behest of my brothers bothered me.

I did not want to force him to do anything with me. I didn't want his flowers, I didn't want any sweets, I didn't want any sweet words. I didn't want anything from him unless they truly came from his heart. Not because my brothers forced him too.

I appreciated my brothers efforts to try and fix my marriage but that responsibility fell solely on Robb and I.

We broke it so we must fix it.

Finally I found myself entering my uncles study the door had been opened as my brothers placed themselves around the room.

Aemon and Donavon sat in the two chairs in front of the desk. Aegon looked out the window. Aragorn held Ed and Will as he spoke to them in a low voice as if they had great things to discuss.

Daemon spoke to Rhaenyra while Daeron spoke with Uncle Ned.

"Visenya you're here. We may begin then." Uncle Ned said clapping Daeron on the back as he moved away slightly.

"I suppose you know why I called all of you here. You must know that Robert Baratheon hates all Targaryens and those who share their blood.

It is only because of my interference that he has not killed all of you yet. But that was because you were all young.