31

It had been a fortnight since the Kings arrival to Winterfell

It had been a fortnight since the Kings arrival to Winterfell. And I longed for the halls to be empty once again. To walk freely without having the need to tip toe around my own castle.

All the wolves had been kept in their stone house and were only released at night. It felt awkward not having Balerion by my side to prowl proudly in a way only she knew how to do.

All the men except for my brothers had left early in the morning to hunt. My brothers did not want to be around me at the moment. Citing that they would rather sleep than to walk aimlessly in a small courtyard for hours.

My sister was preparing to leave with Torvi and their three children to Driftmark. While Sansa and Arya were stuck with their septa.

I had nothing else to do other than train my new horse. He was not as large as Autumn. Nor overly gigantic. This horse, whom I have not yet named, was slender and fine. It's white coat seemed almost iridescent in the sun.

I took a brush to its mane and combed through the knots. Getting lost in detangling all the knots I didn't notice as someone came to lean again the paddock to watch me.

"I've been here for weeks and yet we haven't had the chance to talk." They said out of nowhere as I startled. I looked towards the owner of the voice to see their smug face inspecting my new horse.

"I hope you haven't been avoiding me."

"Not you particularly." I responded as I went back to brushing my horse. Jaime reached out to pet the horses forehead but he rejected the touch and walked back while shaking its mighty head.

"It's a wild horse." I said with a smile as Jaime immediately retracted his hand.

"A wild horse? I would have thought that the great house of Stark would at least be able to afford a horse that been broken into already.

But alas these are hard times and with Winter coming." He tsk'ed as I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I guess we northerners do things a bit differently than those in the south. Like train our own horses. But maybe that's because we have more talent." I shot back as I fixed myself against the fence. A brush in one hand and the other empty gripping the top fence.

It was a taunting look. A look that asked "what else can you throw at me?"

"I wouldn't say talent, just the lack of money that had forced you to adapt to learning new ways." He answered proud of what he said.

"We just appreciate doing our own hard work instead of having hundreds of servants doing the littlest of things like wiping our own ass." I said cocking my head to the side.