25

Two Years Later

It was an unusual day. For it was one of the few moments that my siblings and I had where we had finished all of our chores early.

We usually tried to ignore them for as long as possible before we were reminded of them. But it was early after noon as most of us gathered in the great hall.

Aragorn filling his pipe with Longbottom leaf with Aegon beside him doing the same. Donavon was rebraiding his hair with the help of Daemon. While Aemon took a nap by the fire with his face covered by a hat. As Daeron sat at a table eating stew.

The doors opened as in walked in our sisters with Ed and Will in tow. The two children raced ahead and slammed themselves against Donavon and Daemon.

"Watch it there little one. Or I'll have to restart this braid again." Donavon told Ed as Ed grabbed a piece of his hair and tried to help him with braiding.

"Come on children. Tell your uncles you'll see them in a bit." Torvi said as the children went to each uncle to bid them a goodbye.

"And where are you two heading?" I asked them

"Town. We're going into town." Rhaenyra told them. But they simply ignored the question and gave me a kiss instead.

"I guess that works as well." I jested as Astrid took some food away from Daeron.

"Alright we should leave now if we want to make it back before supper." Torvi said calling for Will to hold her hand. Rhaenyra took Ed as all five of them filed out of the great hall.

"Visenya!" Jon said passing by my sisters on the way out. I looked over to him as he raised something in his hand.

"Want to play cards?" He asked as I nodded.

I got up from my seat next to Aemon and headed over to the table sitting next to Daeron. Jon shuffled the cards before dealing them.

"You two know how much father dislikes it when you smoke." I heard Sansa's voice say out of nowhere as she stood before Aragorn.

"What father doesn't know won't hurt him." Aegon answered.

"I've never heard uncle say he disliked us smoking?" Donavon asked

"Well he doesn't have to say it." Sansa responded as she took my vacant seat.

"Sansa we can't just assume what the other is saying if no words are actually said. For ones feelings and thoughts to be known they must be spoken aloud."Daemon told her in a soft voice as she thought for a second

"I'm just not particularly fond of the smell." She admitted after a few moments.

"This leaf doesn't have much of a smell." Aegon said with a smile as I looked down at my cards.

"When did you get so good at cards?" I asked after losing four straight games. He simply smiled and shrugged.

"I'm dealing this time." I told him as I grabbed the deck of cards and started shuffling them.

"HELP!" a scream echoed throughout the stone halls as I stood up. Aemon jumped awake as his hat fell to the ground.

We all ran towards the door as they bursted opened. Rhaenyra ran in with tears streaming down her face