18

It was a full moon later when I began my trek back into Winterfell.

The pain was no longer there. Nor was there any bleeding. Any swelling my belly had gained was gone now.

Any reminisce of the child I once carried was gone.

I rode on top of Caraxes as if it were a horse. We led the pack of 32 direwolves. Eight fully grown direwolves who on four legs were taller than my shire horse.

Twelve direwolves who were seven months old that reached my waist. And twelve pups that were just a month old. Those little ones were still ankle biters.

"Open the gates!" They yelled as the massive iron gates were opened slowly with a loud groan that echoed throughout the forest.

I could see Aegon in the distance speaking with Ser Arthur. They turned absentmindedly at the opening of the gates. But whipped their heads when they saw who had came in.

"Well would you look at what the tide brought in." Aegon said patting Ser Arthur before leaving him.

"Why are you milling around? Don't you have men to train?" I asked with a smile not at all mad

"Our brothers have finally decided to step in and help. They distributed the men equally and are off training them." He said as I nodded. I looked around the mostly empty courtyard and sighed.

"How are you Visenya? Are you well?" He asked leaning against Caraxes as the direwolves with owners dispersed in search of their owner.

"I'm fine. I'm fine now." I said with a nod.

"How did you survive out there?" He asked as I got off of Caraxes

"It wasn't that hard." I said with a small shrug as he put his hand on Caraxes neck smoothing out his fur as his direwolf welcomed the touch.

Aegon looked at me then back to his wolf.

"Won't you ask me how your husband is doing?" He asked as he leaned against his wolf as if it were a wall.

"No, I'll see him soon." I said as he studied me. We stood there for a few moments before I cleared my throat.

"Well I have matters to attend to." I said as I began to walk away

"You should talk to Rhaenrya." He called after me as I stopped walking but didn't turn around.

"She's in the Godswood." He added as I changed direction and headed there instead.

I pushed open the large doors that led to the enclosed woods. The bright green grass that led me to the heart tree. It's blood red leaves and bleeding laughing face etched into the bark on the trunk of the tree stared back at me tauntingly.

"I was told you'd be here." I said breaking the tranquil silence as Rhaenyra jumped at the sudden noise. She whipped her head towards me and jumped up from her kneeling position on the floor where she prayed.

"Oh you're back." She said hugging me tightly she held me at arms length and admired me.

"Well it's seems that you still have all of your limbs so that's good." She said with a bit of a laugh as she led me to the wooden bench.

"So, how have you been?" I asked as she wronged her hands and looked at the pond

"Good, good, I've been good." She said as I nodded

"That's good." I said with a small laugh. I said nothing more ask allowed her to gather her thoughts. After a few minutes of silence she finally spoke.