5

It was now mid day. We had departed from the Manderlys a week ago. The Manderlys had insisted that we stay an extra three weeks.

We agreed. It was a good time to interact with the Manderlys and see how things were run at Merman's Court.

But I am eager to get to Winterfell. We had been riding since dawn. And nothing that crossed my way could dampen my mood.

Fallen tree? Just go around. A bit of discomfort from not having gone riding in such a long time? Pain is only temporary.

The men rode behind me. Not being able to catch up. My sword slapped my leg slightly. My arrows jolted in their quiver. My horse, Autumn, seems to move faster and stronger. She knows she's in the north. She's close to home.

My long sleeves flapped in the air. I didn't feel the cold. Nor the heat. My long silver hair was loose. The hair framing my face were in one single braid going through the middle of my head.

I had recovered my bells. The six bells chimed. As well as a bag full of bells that Khal Drogo had gifted me before we left. We were able to recover a few things from the ship that were floating around in the water.

I was dressed in all black. Long sleeves and a wide neck. With my thick above the knee leather boots.

We were on the Kingsroad

We were on the Kingsroad. Just a few miles away from Winterfell. We stopped for a few minutes to let our horses rest and drink water.

But I was impatient. I wringed my hands and paced. I took out my sword and played with it. Pretended I was fighting an elegant opponent. Like a dance. Doing fancy twirls with my sword.

I had half a mind to run to Winterfell and let the rest catch up. Surely I can make it. Out of breath. But I would make it.

We had originally had only stopped for a few minutes. But we ended up staying for about an hour. We let the horses graze, drink water, and rest.

After about an hour Leonard decided that it was time to go. I smiled and sheathed my sword while walking towards Autumn who was drinking water.

"Alright girl. Finish up. We'll be in Winterfell soon. I'll make sure to give you apples and sugar cubes when we get there." I said as I patted her neck. She backed away from the water as I stepped onto the stirrups  and swung my foot with a jump.

I adjusted my self and fixed my clothes before I guided her towards the road. We walked at a faster pace than we usually do.

It was about an hour later and five miles later when we had Winterfell in sight. I was the first to see it out of everyone. When I did I turned to my companions and smiled.

They turned to see what I had seen and when they saw Winterfell they whooped in excitement. We began to trot as Winterfell grew larger and larger.

Its grey stone standing proudly amongst the green grass. Once I was on the road that led into Winterfell I tapped Autumn with my boot as we began to speed up to a gallop.