Pt.2

With every step the horses took brought me closer to my prison

With every step the horses took brought me closer to my prison. The gates of the Red Keep loomed largely overhead. I looked out the window with it's intricate wooden cutouts as the sun filtered into the carriage in the shape of dragons.

I smiled at those who passed by as children chased after the carriage. But they were stopped by the city guard as we reached the castle gates. My door was opened as I stepped out into the courtyard.

The bright sun hurt my eyes which had grown used to the darkness of the carriage, having not been allowed to leave the carriage in over a week. I looked to the large carriage that came before mine to see the weak king climb down the steps and quickly make his way into the safety of the walls of the Red Keep.

My grandmother looked over at me and smiled.  But she was eager to see her young son as she too left me and followed after her hunched husband.

"My princess?" Asked Ser Oswell as he stood by my side.

"Ser Oswell." I repeated in the same tone as I stood as still as stone as I looked up the red bricked towers as they hid in the clouds above.

"Prince Rhaegar has tasked me to see you safely to the Red Keep." He said keeping his eyes low.

His hand ever present on the pommel of his sword. His milk white armor was bright in the sun that was high above us.

"And so you have." I told him with a small smile as I looked over to him.

"Prince Rhaegar has requested my presence at Dragonstone once that task has been done." He continued as my smile faltered.

"But I can not leave without you dismissing me from your service." He said his blue eyes only meeting mines fleetingly before looking down towards the ground again.

"Surely you would like to rest before you leave." I said my voice soft trying to hide my hurt.

"Prince Rhaegar made it clear that I should leave at once. I can rest on the boat." He said with a smile as I nodded.

"Of course. Ser Oswell I could have not asked for a better guard. You are dismissed from my service." I said my throat tight as I spoke the words.

Ser Oswell stood tall and gave a low bow before he turned on his heels and walked away. His white horse waited for him as he climbed upon it. Putting his milky white helm upon his head he rode out of the castle gates. His pristine white cloak trailed after him embroidered with seven golden stars.

I stared after him until I could no longer hear the clambering of the horse nor the top of his helm. And once he was out of my view my eyes burned. My throat tightened even more making it difficult to swallow.

I turned away from the gates and walked towards the Maiden Vault. The Maiden Vault was further away from the Red Keep, and most of the time I was the only one residing in the Vault. I walked through the open doors and ran up the stairs.