30

"All these fucking wolves." Clegane grumbled next to me as I turned over to look at his burnt face.

"All these fucking wolves." I agreed as I looked ahead to see pesky Aegon try to tame a wild horse for Visenya.

Visenya stood outside the paddock laughing at her failing brother. She had been injured not so long ago, I heard from a passing servant. The wounds were still fresh and any wrong movement could cause damage.

I shook my head when I heard what she had done. Running after a nameless rider and being outnumbered. Even after so many years she still hadn't truly changed. She still ran after danger and seemed to crave it.

"They should have all fucking died. It would have made everyones life easier." He continued as I gave an exasperated sigh

"Aren't you supposed to be guarding my nephew?" I asked giving him a look

"Aren't you supposed to be guarding the king?" He shot back

"I'm keeping an eye on the dragonspawn, now go." I commanded as he grumbled without another word and left.

"Aegon you're scaring the horse." Visenya laughed as Aegon jumped on the top of the wooden fence to avoid being trampled.

"I'm scaring the horse?" He retorted

I couldn't hear what she said next but Aegon jumped over the fence as Visenya picked up a bucket and entered the paddock.

And she managed to do what Aegon had been failing to do all morning. The horse didn't run away from her nor try to trample her. She smoothed the long white mane of her horse and patted its neck before feeding it a carrot.

She looked up at her brother but her eyes moved past him to look at me. Even with her smile her eyes still held a sadness only a Stark could procure. Her lilac eyes seemed to stare right into my soul as I was unable to look away.

Maybe I should have killed her all those years ago. I would have saved her from a lifetime of nightmares and grief.

Memories flooded in my mind as I thought about my first few years as a kings guard. The Mad King ordered me to be Princess Visenya's guard, as she was known back then.

I didn't want to follow around the silver haired girl around all day. I didn't want to talk to her nor stand outside her door for hours at a time.

I had assumed her to be just another dragon. To be taken off the succession for her seat in Winterfell and placed as the heir of the Iron Throne when the Mad King disinherited Rhaegar Targaryen.

She was my assignment. Nothing else.

She also seemed to think the same thing. She did not seem hurt by the fact that I had broken our betrothal to join the Kingsguard.

Her grandfather stating that a Lannister was not good enough to have a place by the future Lady of The Seven Kingdoms.

But the more time I spent with her the more I came to know her. I knew that she would never eat breakfast and a brunch was more up her alley seeing as she could never wake up early.

She seemed restless in the Red Keep. She wasn't allowed outside it's walls as she longed for the North. She fell asleep late every night just before first light.

She wrote letters to her relative on the wall and to her parents in Winterfell.

But yet she was very lonely. She missed her twin brother, Aegon, more than she missed her parents. She had no friends and no siblings. Her grandmother, the queen, was busy trying to corral her youngest son Viserys.