7

The next day after the falling into the pit incident we stood in the yard with Bran.

I sat on a chair keeping as much weight off my ankle as possible

I sat on a chair keeping as much weight off my ankle as possible. I played with the silk material of my dress that I had covering a part of my head. I had my needle in one hand while the piece of embroidery that I was working on was on my lap.

A soft wind ruffled the skirts of my dark dress as I sighed. Rhaenyra was inside with Septa Mordane, Sansa, and Arya.

Robb lifted Rickon on a empty saddle while Jon gave Bran a bow and arrow.

"Now Bran just relax." Jon said to Bran. I felt someone stand next to me. I looked up to see Uncle Ned. I smiled as he patted my shoulder.

"It seems as if it was just yesterday I was teaching you how to shoot arrows. Hard to believe that its been years." He said as we overlooked the training.

"Maybe you should go help them. Robb and Jon aren't the best of archers." I commented.

"No. They are not." He agreed with a sigh.

"I went back to the pit." He said as I stayed quiet.

"We've excavated about 300 pounds worth of gold." He said

"Just from that little pit?" I asked as he nodded.

"Just from that little pit." He said

"We'll be excavating more of course. Who knows how long that pit has been there. I've left Aemon and Donavon there to oversee." He said as Aunt Catelyn walked towards us and gave us a warm smile before looking down upon the scene.

Jon leaned down to Bran and said something in his ear before stepping back. Bran readied his arrow but once again missed as the arrow went sailing over a lower wall. All three, Rickon, Jon, and Robb, laughed at poor Bran. Daemon didn't laugh. He instead corrected Bran's stance.

"And which one of you was a marksman at ten? Keep practicing, Bran. Go on." Uncle Ned called down as the five looked up at us. A bit away you could see Aragorn, Daeron, and Aegon sparring. Two against one.

Bran once again readied his arrow as Jon and Robb gave him advice. Bran pulled the arrow back but as he did another arrow hit the bullseye. I stood up from my chair just in time to see Arya give a small curtsy before running away as Bran chased her.

"Run Bran!" Robb called over as they laughed.

"Lord Stark, Lady Visenya, my lady. A guardsman just rode in from the hills. They've captured a deserter from the Night's Watch." Rodrick Cassel said with Theon at his side. I saw my uncle grimace before giving a small nod.

"Get the lads to saddle their horses. And have someone saddle Visenya's as well. Send someone for Donavon and Aemon tell them to hurry." Uncle Ned said as Theon departed.