Pt.6

"Lift your arms princess

"Lift your arms princess." My new handmaiden asked of me.

She was older than me. Fine lines had settled around her mouth. Her dark hair was pulled back in a harsh bun. Her green dress reminded me of mint. Her fingers were cold as they brushed against my skin.

"Wild hair. You northerners don't know much about grooming now do you?" She asked harshly as she ripped through my hair with the comb. She combed harshly as my head kept being pulled back as she constantly told me to "hold still"

She twisted the sides of my hair and pinned them down with a ruby encrusted hairpin. She didn't give me a second to breathe before she asked

"Don't you have to be meeting your septa?" She asked as I looked back at her as she very nearly all but yelled at me.

"I haven't broken my fast yet." I told her meekly as she sighed

"I'll be breaking my fast with my guard. In the courtyard." I added as she opened the door. Jaime stepped aside quickly as her green dress flapped behind her.

"Charming woman." He said as I closed the door behind me.

"I feel like a burden to her." I confessed as we walked down the stone hall and down the steps.

"You know you are a princess. You can just very well have her dismissed." He said as I looked at him before returning my gaze to the steps.

"I don't think I can." I said as the light given off by the torches played shadows on the walls.

"Of course you can. You just have to say "You're dismissed from my service, now leave." That's it. You don't owe anyone any explanation." He encouraged as we entered the courtyard where the food was being put on the table by servants.

My handmaiden was just about to leave when Jaime gave me a nudge.

"Go." He nodded as I went to stand in front of her.

I turned back to look at Jaime as he had his eyes on us.

"You're dismissed from my service, now leave." I told her repeating the words Jaime told me a few moments before.

The lady's eyes very nearly fell out of her head  at my words as her hands curled up into fists.

"Excuse me? How dare you dismiss me from your service? Under what pretext? Have I not been a faithful servant?" She asked as I almost took back my words.

"The Princess owes you no explanation. Now I believe she ordered you to leave. Now go! Get out of her sight!" Jaime said as he came to stand behind me.

The lady huffed and stomped her foot before she left.

"The food is served Princess." A servant said before she left.

"Thank you." I called after her as I went to go sit down as Jaime laughed.

"When I said you should go dismiss her I didn't think you would be so harsh about it." Jaime said as he took his gloves off and began helping himself to the food on the table.