Ch.2 Breakfast with the boys

6 YEARS LATER

„Amberle, come on, get a move on!" yelled an angry Lily as she tried to shove me out of bed.
„Come on, breakfast is not waiting for you down there and we've got to get to class on time!". Now that's a VERY grumpy Lily Evans right there, ladies and gentlemen.
„Come on Amberle, Lils is right about getting to class." Marlene agreed and Lily thanked her.
„Alright, alright, if it makes you happy." I grumbled and slowly got out of bed.
Today was NOT my day, I could feel it.
I couldn't sleep yesterday so I was tired already.
At 7 in the morning.

We all showered and got dressed fairly quickly and made our way down to the cosy common room.
The winter was starting to wear of, but, as every day this week, it was raining.
Of course.
Marlene, Lily, Mary, Alice and I made our way down to the Great Hall to have breakfast.
While passing through the hallways full of moving paintings, I remembered my owl, Zara.
She should be back in the Owlery by today, as I had sent a letter to my parents telling them about my first days back at Hogwarts. It was like a tradition in the Raylander family, even after all those years we still did it.

„Lets see if there's still bacon on he plate when we arrive, seeing as Peter is happy and healthy." Mary snorted and we all laughed. 
„He really ought to stop eating so much, it's not good for him and it definitely isn't pretty for our  eyes." Alice said and we all agreed.
We arrived at the breakfast table AKA my heaven and began to chatter and sort out our food.
The doors opened once again and in came James Potter, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin,and behind them Peter Pettigrew.
James and Sirius winked at every second girl, knowing they had them at their feet, knowing they had them weak in the knees.
James and Sirius were two of Hogwarts biggest players, if not the biggest.
Even though James was always confessing his love to our dear Lily,he'd still get together with 90% of the female pulation of Hogwarts, as does Sirius.
When I had met all four of them six years ago, they'd already been mischievous, but not to this extend.
They have probably pranked everyone at Hogwarts and were famous for three things:PRANKS,GETTING DETENTION and GOOD LOOKS.
Everyone except Peter,who was the shy and weird one out of the group.
Remus is a good friend of mine and even one of Lilys best friends.
He's smart and shy around most girls, but is definitely good looking, if I say so myself.
We spend some evenings walking around; there is nothing romantic going on between us.
Sadly, in fifth grade Sandy Valentine spread the rumor that we were dating- which was a complete and utter lie.
Thankfully we cleared everyone up by Remus having his first girlfriend Emma Johnson, whom he dated for about 3 months until he caught her cheating with Malfoy.
Poor Remus, to this day I still remember finding him a mess in a dark corner of the library.
That was the only time I had seen Remus crying.
We sat down quite far away from the troublemakers, I did NOT want to have my breakfast ruined by some new prank idea the boys were going to practise on Severus Snape, well, Snivelus as we like to call him.
He used to be Lily's best friend, we all wondered why.
The moment he got sorted into Slytherin, I took a dislike to him. My nerves finally snapped when he called Lily a Mudblood. She was finished after that. All my friend did for days was cry and rage about Snape to us, swearing like a drunk sailor.
If we ever did pass Snivelus, we'd stare at him until he lifted his gaze off of Lily.
She never showed any emotions towards him, but as her friend I knew the wounds never quite heal, even after two years.

"So what's on your schedule today my dear Alice?"Marlene asked.
"I've got Herbology and Transfiguration, then Potions with Slughorn."
"And what are you doing after class...?" I asked curiously,a smile appearing on my face.I knew perfectly well what she was doing after class. I was just teasing her, being the nice friend I am.
"Oh....um...uh..."Alice stuttered and began to blush.
"Alice and Frank sitting in a tree,KISSI-" Lily started as we all laughed at her sillyness.
"Oh alright,if you really want to know,...I'm meeting Frank up in the Astronomy Tower later on"she said, blushing like a little girl.
"We know,we were just testing if you trusted us." Mary said,batting her eyes while trying to hold back a giggle.
"I'll get you back for that,you cheeky little-"
"Am I seeing correctly Padfoot,is there a fight going on between Alice and Mary?"
Oh no,here we go again.
"I think you're right Prongs,...oh! Mary took a hard hit there..." Sirius said pointing towards us while the boys strolled and placed their fine bottoms next to us.
I saw Lily roll her eyes at them and look away.
Sirius sat opposite me.... here I am, blushing once again, as always when his eyes land on me.
But, as always, he didn't seem to notice me.
I've had a crush on Sirius for a while now. Since the day in fourth year when he saved me from a Gryndilow.
He'd always been the most handsome out of the group. But after that, he never seemed to notice me nor care about me much. At times my heart broke seeing him with his face and hair all tangled with another girl and at times I convinced myself I didn't care.
It was a spiral of feelings that went round- at the end of the day my crush on him was still there.
Even though I took a liking to him he was still the worlds biggest womanizer and troublemaker. Marlene was the only one out of our group who knew about my little crush. She found me gazing at him ("dreamily"as she'd called it) in class a few too many times and confronted me, to my dismay. Turns out I'm no good at lying, especially to my friends.

"Doesn't that smell lovely Moony." Sirius dramatically waved his hand towards the toast.
"It does indeed." my dear friend replied just as dramatically.
"You smell lovely too, Lily" James complimented Lily, earning a chuckle from Peter and Sirius - Remus feeling a tinge of sympathy for her, as displayed on his face.
Remus was stuck in the middle - between his best mates and his best friend.
Lily scolded him and looked away in disgust.
I eyed Mary as we held back a smile. We all knew they will get together some day; they were perfect for each other.
We'd all talk about how they'd look amazing together, but Lily always protested.
"He's a toerag, absolutely filthy, that's what he is" she'd say and switch topic.

After a loud and slightly annoying breakfast (thanks to the boys) we made it to our classes.

—————————————————————————————————————————————