Ch.4 Detention

'Twas the thing I most dreaded about today: Detention.
I let out a huff of air: I hate Detention.
I've only had the pleasure of experiencing it once in the fiery hell that was Filchs Office.
I had cast a spell on Snapes books to 'run away', as I was boiling with anger for he had put the word "mudblood" into his mouth and used it to destroy Lily's bond with him.
Of course, the only time I ever did anything to break the rules I was caught, by none other than McGonagall. Let's just say it was a festive day for Snape and his friends and a horrid day for me.
Filch had me scrubbing dirty tiles in the most unpopular corridor in the whole of this beautiful home we wizards call Hogwarts. I never visited that corridor ever again, it was deserted nearly all the time.

I closed my book shut and mentally prepared myself for the next few hours.I got out of my comfy armchair in front of the calm, warm flames and stared at the fire for a few seconds. The flames were dancing in front of my eyes.
"So sorry you have to go now, wish Mr Armitadge wouldn't have been so grumpy." Marlene came from behind me and sat on the red couch which has probably been there for an eternity. She gave me a pitied look and took out her book to start her work. "The common room's always more fun with you." Alice agreed from next to Lily on the couch. I laughed as I thanked whoever is up in heaven for these amazing friends.
My mood darkened slightly as I thought of Filchs Office.  I sighed and shuffled towards the dorms to leave my heavy school books behind. "Well, it's got to be done, hasn't it?" I said and smiled.
Won't be too bad, it's not like you'll be rotting there for eternity.
As I walked up the stairs I remembered that I had left my Astronomy book down in the common room and quickly went to collect it, finding the forgotten book next to the armchair now occupied by Sirius Black.
"You do know we've got to be knocking on Filchs Office in about ten minutes?" I asked him with my eyebrows raised. "I like to be fashionably late" Sirius lazily smiled up at me and I glanced away, melting a fair bit under his gaze.
I fidgeted with my hands as I looked anywhere but him.
The awkward silence was brought to an end my none other than Remus as he cleared his throat "Well go one, you've got a Detention to attend." He nodded in my direction as I nod my head, thankful to be pulled out of this situation. "Right" I mumble quietly and return to the dorm to leave the book and grab my sweater.
I head out of the common room shouting a goodbye and my hopes of getting back before eleven o'clock.
I didn't even realize Sirius was following me until I got to the corridor we call "Filchs Dungeons". To say I was in a hurry was an understatement, seeing as I hadn't noticed Sirius strutting to keep up at my pace.
I stopped in front of the caretakers office and took a deep breath. I felt a presence behind me and turned around. I was looking up slightly and was now face to face with Sirius Black. His breath was present on my hair, I felt myself shudder and look away quickly, embarrassed.
Sirius knocked and not a moment later, Filch opened the door, quite happy to see us;  punishing students being one of his greatest pass times.
He opens the door for us and pushes the two of us in,closing the door and smiling, showing his ugly yellow teeth to us and muttering something along the lines of 'Finally'. I looked at Sirius who seemed to be playing it cool, as he always did. They probably stopped counting how many times they've pranked Filch and gotten Detention.
I heard sick snickers from the back and turned my head slightly, only to be gifted (ha! gifted. More like cursed) by the presence of two Slytherins; Avery and Mulciber.
I was frightened and disgusted at the same time, regretting ever going back for that essay now more than ever.
"Scrub those tables crystal clear before I get back, here are the cloths, no talking and no escaping, I'll find ya' nasty buggers if you do." A dirty,holed cloth was thrown at me as I heard the door slam shut.
Oh god, I'm alone with Black, Avery and Mulciber in a room. This can not end well.
The Slytherins sneered at us and began to snicker and talk in our direction. Surprisingly, Sirius steeped in front of me, blocking my view towards them, which I didn't mind, seeing as he was quite the view.
"Come on, the tables are waiting for us." he said with a sarcastic smile and and gently pushed me towards the bucket of water to soak our cloths for 'cleaning' (they need a cleaning,they'll just make the tables dirtier) the tables with.
I noticed Sirius had his hands balled into fists. I figured that the two bullies at the opposite side of the room were the cause.
"Do tell me why in the world these ancient tables need cleaning, they look like they'll never be used again." I state, wringing out my nearly black cloth.
"Filch loves to see us working for him, it's like punishment gives him life." Sirius muttered and begins scrubbing lightly. I agree "Disgusting, but true." He hears me say as I too take on the horrible tables next to his filthy looking one.
We work in silence, not understanding a word the Slytherins were saying. Not that I minded though.
Just get through this.