Ch. 19 Isn't it?

Is it cool that I said all that?
Is it chill that you're in my head?
Cause I know that it's Delicate.
Isn't isn't isn't?

-Delicate, Taylor Swift

I followed a broad back towards the pillars next to the Courtyard and watched him turn around, holding back. But I also saw a glint of ... jealously in his eyes. Admittedly, seeing him in his dress robes was quite the view, but his posture told me he was here for a different reason than to flirt or anything of the sort. I saw a hint of anger in his pretty eyes. "So... how'd you like the Ball?" "It was lovely, thank you for asking." I cleared my throat. "I saw Anne Carter making quite the faces at you." Sirius chuckled darkly. " Mathew Porter seemed to do so as well." I swallowed, standing upright. "Yes, apparently I looked stunning tonight." "You did, but not coming out of that snakes mouth." Sirius mumbled and looked away, anger rising in his throat.

But why? And how dare he insult Mathew?

"Excuse me, did you just call Mathew a snake?" "Bloody well did, that bimbo deserved it." Sirius tugged on his jacket and looked annoyed. "He's not a 'bimbo'! How dare you call him names when he has done nothing of the sort?" "Cause he's NOT RIGHT FOR YOU!" Sirius bellowed and I could finally, beneath all the anger, for a split second, see frustration.

Why was he angry? I have done nothing wrong! How dare he.

I took a step back and shook my head slowly. If looks could kill, Sirius would have been planning  his funeral. I was cold now. I exhaled. "You dare speak to me like that. Two weeks it's been and you come back like this? I swear to you if you say another word like that to me, it will be consiquensible." I stepped back and took a hold of a pillar. Sirius ran his hand through his hair and sighed. "Do you not see? Do you not see the pig bastard that calls himself "The Womanizer"? do you not see? Are you blind?!" I was taken aback by his yelling. Of course I'd had my doubts about Mathew and his so called 'charm' which Sirius was now telling me about, but I wasn't about to let Sirius win nor would I let him insult me. I spoke in a low tone and stepped towards him "You know, I could call you the same." My eyes narrowed as Sirius looked me in the eye. A little bit of hurt was displayed there. Only for a second, because right after my snarky comment fire rose once again. It roared through his orbs and consumed him. "That's different." he spoke icily. I'd had enough. "Oh is it so? Is the grand Sirius Black oh so more angelic than Mathew Porter?" I laughed sarcastically. Of course, we all know that Mathew is not ten times the player and flirter Sirius and James are, but I was sure he got around, I just hadn't been sure when he'd talked to me twenty minutes earlier. "That's it." I made a cut signal with my hand and stormed off. Out into the distance, away from this angry Gryffindor.

Away from the jealousy and into the blue.
Past hallways and classrooms. Through doors and behind magic enchantments. I passed some snogging fifth graders who where heading for a broom closet, opened the heavy door in site of the forest and past the pillars out to the back courtyard. I stole a glance towards the Astronomy tower which loomed powerfully over the castle. Portraits whispered and the ever changing staircases seemed to move everywhere, leading to nowhere. I stormed through landings and just as I got to the West Wing of this great school, I saw him.

MADNESS.

———————————————————————————————————————-

How'd you like the chapter?
It's shorter than the previous one, but there's a big chapter coming soon!