Ch.21 The Get-Together

Lights flash and noises come from my right side. Then a gruesome smell. Then the cracking of some sort of shell.

What's happening? Where am I?

Darkness wraps around me once more.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

My eyelids open and I look around, confused. Soon I recognise the potion beside me. The cracking I heard earlier had been the fire crackling on the other side of the room. I scanned the place and soon realised that this was a room I had never seen before. Panic struck struck me and then I remembered it all. It came crashing down upon me like a wave. My thoughts were racing and all I could hear was a small alarm going off in my head and in the room.

Brother. Brother. Oh my god. Cruciatus. Death Eater.

Soon my thoughts were too much for my brain and I began to hyperventilate. I sat up from the bed I had noticed when I woke up the first time and looked down. Blue gown, blue blanket. Blood.

...Hogwarts....Brother.....Traitor....Blood.....No, god no.....Help....

Fear me. I always win.

It suddenly burst out of me. A scream of utter desperation, pain, fear, anger, hurt, betrayal and most of all helplessness. Ripping the blanket from my body and the bed, I jump out and scurry to the door. But someone beat me to it. I was face to face with none other than Sirius Black. At this point I began to cry and sob.

I'm going mad. That's it, yes, I'm going mad. Madness...Help....Madness

I was breaking and madness was pulling me in like a huge black hole, wanting me to give in. I looked down and heard Sirius speak. "Amberle, what are you doing out of bed? Are you alright? Amberle...Amberle? Are you there? Answer me please." I whispered words not even I was fully comprehending and the images in my head of the fight with my brother never left me. The figure in front of me touched my elbow carefully and softly whispered that I should get back into my bed. But as soon as he touched me, the flashes of the pain the Death Eater had caused came back stronger than before. Frightened, I backed away, flinching at his touch. My vision blurred and I looked at him. "Don't touch me." When he tried again, my head was going fuzzy. "Get away. Get out!" I felt pain again and for the last time saw my blood on the bandage on my hand and fell backwards, just barely getting caught by a pair of arms.

Darkness once more.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Birds chirped and voices were heard from outside. Opening my eyes again, I saw a chair next to a table with a vase of flowers in it. Lilys.
The fire cackled and the ugly smelling potion still resided on their small platform next to me. My eyes widen and I remember the maddening fight I had with my fathers only son and the tumble I had with Sirius.

Sirius. Oh no. Are my friends all alright?

I look around and find a crest on the pale wall. Inside in the centre it read 'St. Mungo's Hospital'. So I was at St.Mungo's. At least I now know where exactly I am. The next question that popped up in my brain was 'However in the world did I get here?'
Next thing I know, the door opens and a friendly dark skinned woman came in with a slip of papers. She smiled at me and moved to the platform with the potion. "Welcome back, Ms Raylander. I am Rosamund Mulligan and I'm your doctor. We are currently in St.Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries." smiling weakly I looked around the pale room. She closed something and made her way to me, still smiling gently. "You suffered under the Cruciatues Curse, a forbidden Curse, twice. Please open your mouth for me." She gently poured a warm liquid down my numb mouth and it slid down my throat, burning. "You have woken up several times in your four day stay." The nurse talked on as she fed me the potion. The burning got stronger and I coughed. "Sure this isn't Firewhiskey?" I asked as she stopped pouring and chuckled, putting the potion back onto the little platform. "It's a healing Potion. It reduces the pain and heals wounds inside your body." I fell the pain lessen and move my upper body, glad to not be in the pain I had been in when I crashed into Sirius. "I bloody love magic." She chuckled again and made her way to the door. "Sleep a while longer, we are all glad you're awake." She winked and left the room quietly.